NB Client Services get problem - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NB Client Services get problem - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm using NB Bussiness Server4.5 on Win2K Server. The problem is from services, our NB Client services get problem.The icon for stopping,pause and running disable.Status is stopping. FYI, there are 3 authenticate user: admin, localsystem anf veritasexch. From Event View ...

  1. NB Client Services get problem

    I'm using NB Bussiness Server4.5 on Win2K Server. The problem is from services,
    our NB Client services get problem.The icon for stopping,pause and running
    disable.Status is stopping. FYI, there are 3 authenticate user: admin, localsystem
    anf veritasexch.

    From Event View Application Log, we found warning error as below;

    'The data buffer created for the "TapePerf" service in the C:\ProgramFiles\Veritas\NetBAckup\bin\tapeperf.dll"
    library is not aligned on an 8-byte boundry. This may cause problems for
    applications that are trying to read the performance data buffer. Contact
    the manufacturer of this library or service to have this problem corrected
    or to get a newer version of this library'.
    Can anybody help me to solve this problem? I failed to run a backup on our
    server since yesterday.

    Please advice.
    -zaw.

  2. Re: NB Client Services get problem

    Hi everyone,
    Just want to share my experience facing my previous error. Below is my action
    taken:

    After consult with our Veritas vendor, they recommended us to reboot the
    server. After launch the Netbackup Bussiness Server software, I just continue
    backup as per schedule. Then our backup run successfull and back to normal.

    "zaw" wrote:

    >I'm using NB Bussiness Server4.5 on Win2K Server. The problem is from services,
    >our NB Client services get problem.The icon for stopping,pause and running
    >disable.Status is stopping. FYI, there are 3 authenticate user: admin, localsystem
    >anf veritasexch.
    >
    >From Event View Application Log, we found warning error as below;
    >
    >'The data buffer created for the "TapePerf" service in the C:\ProgramFiles\Veritas\NetBAckup\bin\tapeperf.dll"
    >library is not aligned on an 8-byte boundry. This may cause problems for
    >applications that are trying to read the performance data buffer. Contact
    >the manufacturer of this library or service to have this problem corrected
    >or to get a newer version of this library'.
    >Can anybody help me to solve this problem? I failed to run a backup on

    our
    >server since yesterday.
    >
    >Please advice.
    >-zaw.

  3. Re: NB Client Services get problem

    "zaw" wrote:

    >Hi everyone,
    >Just want to share my experience facing my previous error. Below is my action
    >taken:
    >
    >After consult with our Veritas vendor, they recommended us to reboot the
    >server. After launch the Netbackup Bussiness Server software, I just continue
    >backup as per schedule. Then our backup run successfull and back to normal.
    >

    >"zaw" wrote:
    >>
    >>I'm using NB Bussiness Server4.5 on Win2K Server. The problem is from services,
    >>our NB Client services get problem.The icon for stopping,pause and running
    >>disable.Status is stopping. FYI, there are 3 authenticate user: admin,

    localsystem
    >>anf veritasexch.
    >>
    >>From Event View Application Log, we found warning error as below;
    >>
    >>'The data buffer created for the "TapePerf" service in the C:\ProgramFiles\Veritas\NetBAckup\bin\tapeperf.dll"
    >>library is not aligned on an 8-byte boundry. This may cause problems for
    >>applications that are trying to read the performance data buffer. Contact
    >>the manufacturer of this library or service to have this problem corrected
    >>or to get a newer version of this library'.
    >>Can anybody help me to solve this problem? I failed to run a backup on

    >our
    >>server since yesterday.
    >>
    >>Please advice.
    >>-zaw.

    Use the extensible counter list utility from Microsoft to unload and reload
    the performance counters.

+ Reply to Thread