What is needed to backup a Solaris server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on What is needed to backup a Solaris server - Veritas Net Backup ; We currently have Netbackup 4.5 running on a Windows 2k server. What is involved in backing up the Solaris OS etc via Netbackup? I'm not sure exactly how I'm suppose to connect to the server (map via ip?). thx Dave...

  1. What is needed to backup a Solaris server

    We currently have Netbackup 4.5 running on a Windows 2k server. What is involved
    in backing up the Solaris OS etc via Netbackup? I'm not sure exactly how
    I'm suppose to connect to the server (map via ip?).

    thx

    Dave

  2. Re: What is needed to backup a Solaris server

    you need to purchase a solaris client
    "Dave F" wrote in message news:3ec380ef$1@hronntp01....

    > We currently have Netbackup 4.5 running on a Windows 2k server. What is

    involved
    > in backing up the Solaris OS etc via Netbackup? I'm not sure exactly how
    > I'm suppose to connect to the server (map via ip?).
    >
    > thx
    >
    > Dave

  3. Re: What is needed to backup a Solaris server

    Thx for the response.

    Don't I get 4 free clients?

    dave

  4. Re: What is needed to backup a Solaris server

    sorry , yes you do. Install the client on solaris box and
    set up a standard backup policy
    "Dave F" wrote in message news:3ece0416$1@hronntp01....

    > Thx for the response.
    >
    > Don't I get 4 free clients?
    >
    > dave

  5. Re: What is needed to backup a Solaris server

    thx

    Dave

+ Reply to Thread