Error 96 unabel to allocate new media, storage unit has none available - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Error 96 unabel to allocate new media, storage unit has none available - Veritas Net Backup ; Dear All, we have encountered the exposed error in our backup server, every day we change the media and we havenīt have any problem before, but last week we needed to re-install the Server and after that we found this ...

  1. Error 96 unabel to allocate new media, storage unit has none available

    Dear All,

    we have encountered the exposed error in our backup server, every day we
    change the media and we havenīt have any problem before, but last week we
    needed to re-install the Server and after that we found this error; the courious
    is that the program runs for two or three days and the fourth it gives us
    this error.
    we have checked all the configuration and seems to be OK.
    we have reinstalled the software and the errors itīs still there.

    Have someone an idea??

    Thanks
    jesus.sanchez@infolan.es

  2. Re: Error 96 unabel to allocate new media, storage unit has none available

    send us the ouput of ./available_media
    ../bpcllist -U and tpconfig -d

    "Txus" wrote in message

    > Dear All,
    >
    > we have encountered the exposed error in our backup server, every day we
    > change the media and we havenīt have any problem before, but last week we
    > needed to re-install the Server and after that we found this error; the

    courious
    > is that the program runs for two or three days and the fourth it gives us
    > this error.
    > we have checked all the configuration and seems to be OK.
    > we have reinstalled the software and the errors itīs still there.
    >
    > Have someone an idea??
    >
    > Thanks
    > jesus.sanchez@infolan.es

+ Reply to Thread