How to catalogue unknown tapes - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on How to catalogue unknown tapes - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm a Netbackup newbie and I want to see what is on a couple of DLT tapes that I've been given. We're running 4.5GA BusinessServer and the tapes are from another site supposedly using v3.4 DataCenter. If I try the ...

  1. How to catalogue unknown tapes

    I'm a Netbackup newbie and I want to see what is on a couple of DLT tapes
    that I've been given. We're running 4.5GA BusinessServer and the tapes are
    from another site supposedly using v3.4 DataCenter. If I try the import
    wizard then it asks for a media server and a media ID, neither of which I
    know. Is there anything I can do to see what's on the tapes?

    Thanks
    David

  2. Re: How to catalogue unknown tapes

    it is the media server you want to import from
    mount the media in the drive manually or using robtest

    m s# d#

    then run vmoprcmd

    "David Wilson" wrote in message
    > I'm a Netbackup newbie and I want to see what is on a couple of DLT tapes
    > that I've been given. We're running 4.5GA BusinessServer and the tapes are
    > from another site supposedly using v3.4 DataCenter. If I try the import
    > wizard then it asks for a media server and a media ID, neither of which I
    > know. Is there anything I can do to see what's on the tapes?
    >
    > Thanks
    > David

+ Reply to Thread