Restoring to different server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Restoring to different server - Veritas Net Backup ; I created a seperate server just for restore purposes. It is on the network, and I am trying to restore data to this server (which was not previously there). I ran bpimport -dhost to the new server. I got the ...

  1. Restoring to different server

    I created a seperate server just for restore purposes. It is on the network,
    and I am trying to restore data to this server (which was not previously
    there). I ran bpimport -dhost to the new server. I got the catalog's from
    the original backup server over to this one. I moved all the tapes to the
    new drive (went from a robot to standalone). All this is fine, but when I
    run Backup/restore, it says there isn't any restore selction s for the particular
    server. The question is how do I restore the old stuff to the new server?
    Pretty much we backed up about 8 servers, and I need their data to restore
    to the new backup server. Please help! I have been racking my brain for 2
    days. Thanks.

  2. Re: Restoring to different server

    how did you get the catalogues over ?
    "Troy Edwards" wrote in message

    > I created a seperate server just for restore purposes. It is on the

    network,
    > and I am trying to restore data to this server (which was not previously
    > there). I ran bpimport -dhost to the new server. I got the catalog's from
    > the original backup server over to this one. I moved all the tapes to the
    > new drive (went from a robot to standalone). All this is fine, but when I
    > run Backup/restore, it says there isn't any restore selction s for the

    particular
    > server. The question is how do I restore the old stuff to the new server?
    > Pretty much we backed up about 8 servers, and I need their data to restore
    > to the new backup server. Please help! I have been racking my brain for 2
    > days. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread