bpbackupdb -->Tape Device Path , Important!!! - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on bpbackupdb -->Tape Device Path , Important!!! - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi all, I am trying to manually backup the NB catalogs using the bpbackupdb. I am giving the following command, to state that Drive 1 (Tape 1) contains a tape labelled DBB11, where the backup should be placed: bpbackupdb -tpath ...

  1. bpbackupdb -->Tape Device Path , Important!!!

    Hi all,

    I am trying to manually backup the NB catalogs using the bpbackupdb.
    I am giving the following command, to state that Drive 1 (Tape 1) contains a
    tape labelled DBB11, where the backup should be placed:

    bpbackupdb -tpath \\.\Tape1 -rv DBB111

    I get the following error:
    Device Not found

    Please Note that I have NB installed on a Win2k machine.

    I really do not know why it won't accept the tape path, and it's really
    important I find it!!!

    Any ideas folks???

    TIA,
    Katerina

  2. Re: bpbackupdb -->Tape Device Path , Important!!!

    Tyr this: http://support.veritas.com/docs/242581

    Mike

    "Kat" wrote in message news:3d86c696@hronntp01....
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am trying to manually backup the NB catalogs using the bpbackupdb.
    > I am giving the following command, to state that Drive 1 (Tape 1) contains

    > tape labelled DBB11, where the backup should be placed:
    >
    > bpbackupdb -tpath \\.\Tape1 -rv DBB111
    >
    > I get the following error:
    > Device Not found
    >
    > Please Note that I have NB installed on a Win2k machine.
    >
    > I really do not know why it won't accept the tape path, and it's really
    > important I find it!!!
    >
    > Any ideas folks???
    >
    > TIA,
    > Katerina