How to erase a tape - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on How to erase a tape - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, I'm new to Netbackup and would like to know how I can erase a tape. I'm guessing that it's the bplabel command? Thanks in advance...

  1. How to erase a tape

    Hi,

    I'm new to Netbackup and would like to know how I can erase a tape.

    I'm guessing that it's the bplabel command?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: How to erase a tape

    Hi Kevin,

    You are close but not yet right. The command you should use to rease a tape
    is: bpexpdate -ev [Media Label(Barcode)] -d 0

    That should do the trick.
    The command can be found under usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd or
    x:\netbackup\bin\admincmd.

    Good Luck,

    Mickey
    "Kevin Palmer" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm new to Netbackup and would like to know how I can erase a tape.
    >
    > I'm guessing that it's the bplabel command?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread