Messed up permissions on exchange server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Messed up permissions on exchange server - Veritas Net Backup ; Has anyone here ever had a problem with Netbackup putting MS Exchange M:\ partition security settings in an improper order? This problem is precluding our users from sharing their folders (i.e., calendars) with others. Microsoft's KB articles indicate that this ...

  1. Messed up permissions on exchange server

    Has anyone here ever had a problem with Netbackup putting MS Exchange M:\
    partition security settings in an improper order? This problem is precluding
    our users from sharing their folders (i.e., calendars) with others.

    Microsoft's KB articles indicate that this is usually a problem with anti-virus
    software, but I've disabled all scanning of the M:\ partition. The only other
    possibility I can think of is Netbackup.

    We're running version Netbackup Business Server 4.3.1 on Microsoft Windows
    2K Advanced Server.

    Thanks in advance for any bright ideas.

    Heather

  2. Re: Messed up permissions on exchange server

    The only feature in NetBackup that is very close in way of action to an
    anti-virus software is OTM.
    If you use OTM I am affraid that you will have to disable it.

    Hope it helps,

    Mickey
    "Heather Hiatt" wrote in message

    > Has anyone here ever had a problem with Netbackup putting MS Exchange M:\
    > partition security settings in an improper order? This problem is

    precluding
    > our users from sharing their folders (i.e., calendars) with others.
    >
    > Microsoft's KB articles indicate that this is usually a problem with

    anti-virus
    > software, but I've disabled all scanning of the M:\ partition. The only

    other
    > possibility I can think of is Netbackup.
    >
    > We're running version Netbackup Business Server 4.3.1 on Microsoft Windows
    > 2K Advanced Server.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any bright ideas.
    >
    > Heather

+ Reply to Thread