NetBackup 3.4.1 will not configure my detected devices - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NetBackup 3.4.1 will not configure my detected devices - Veritas Net Backup ; This is a test platform. Compaq ProLiant 5500 two proc Xeon 500 with 512 MB RAM, Compaq 1600 with three DLT7000 tape drives (only two get accepted by veritas), (or HP SureStore DAT24x6 autoloader). NT4 EE with SP6a is the ...

  1. NetBackup 3.4.1 will not configure my detected devices

    This is a test platform.
    Compaq ProLiant 5500 two proc Xeon 500 with 512 MB RAM, Compaq
    1600 with three DLT7000 tape drives (only two get accepted by
    veritas), (or HP SureStore DAT24x6 autoloader). NT4 EE with SP6a is the
    test OS on the server. Veritas BusinesServer 3.4.1
    After detecting my tape drives, and after "Configure Storage
    Units", it says "Please Wait... Adding NetBackup storage units.."
    and then it pops up this:
    Device Configuration Wizard
    Could not add storage unit testtape-dlt, operation requested by an invalid
    server (error code 37)

    That is as far as I can progress.
    Looking for good answers ASAP.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: NetBackup 3.4.1 will not configure my detected devices

    does the OS sees the drives and the autoloaders ?
    control panel >>tape device or scsi adapter >>devices
    then what are the firmware used ?
    Then what drivers do you use for your device (veritas |hardware
    manufacturer ) which version etc...
    output of
    bpstulist -U
    and tpconfig -d

    el zorro
    "Fred Milani" wrote in message

    > This is a test platform.
    > Compaq ProLiant 5500 two proc Xeon 500 with 512 MB RAM, Compaq
    > 1600 with three DLT7000 tape drives (only two get accepted by
    > veritas), (or HP SureStore DAT24x6 autoloader). NT4 EE with SP6a is the
    > test OS on the server. Veritas BusinesServer 3.4.1
    > After detecting my tape drives, and after "Configure Storage
    > Units", it says "Please Wait... Adding NetBackup storage units.."
    > and then it pops up this:
    > Device Configuration Wizard
    > Could not add storage unit testtape-dlt, operation requested by an invalid
    > server (error code 37)
    >
    > That is as far as I can progress.
    > Looking for good answers ASAP.
    > Thanks.