Netbackup hangs at mounting tape from libary - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup hangs at mounting tape from libary - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, We have a problem with Netbackup 3.4.1 used on Compaq ML530 server and a Compaq TL891DLX minilibrary. OS used is windows 2000 SP1. we installed the latest Netbackup patches. We configured volume pools to control which tape is used ...

  1. Netbackup hangs at mounting tape from libary

    Hi,

    We have a problem with Netbackup 3.4.1 used on Compaq ML530 server and a
    Compaq TL891DLX minilibrary. OS used is windows 2000 SP1. we installed the
    latest Netbackup patches.

    We configured volume pools to control which tape is used for which daily
    backup.

    The problem is that after running three to five jobs the next jobs hangs
    with the error 'mouting '

    Besides that, it is very hard to kill the hanging job so other jobs can continue.

    Anyone having the same kind of problem?

    best wishes
    Marcel

  2. Re: Netbackup hangs at mounting tape from libary

    I have had this issue. If there are no tapes available to attach two
    (Two jobs running, two tapes working, third job starts, no tapes) it
    will queue, but if it doesn't become available within the time
    allotted it will fail.

    Thanks,

    Jonathan Armstrong

    On 16 May 2001 12:09:51 -0400, "Marcel van den Berg"
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >We have a problem with Netbackup 3.4.1 used on Compaq ML530 server and a
    >Compaq TL891DLX minilibrary. OS used is windows 2000 SP1. we installed the
    >latest Netbackup patches.
    >
    >We configured volume pools to control which tape is used for which daily
    >backup.
    >
    >The problem is that after running three to five jobs the next jobs hangs
    >with the error 'mouting '
    >
    >Besides that, it is very hard to kill the hanging job so other jobs can continue.
    >

    >Anyone having the same kind of problem?
    >
    >best wishes
    >Marcel

+ Reply to Thread