What are the essential differences between the NetBackup and Backup Exec? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on What are the essential differences between the NetBackup and Backup Exec? - Veritas Net Backup ; Can anyone out there tell me the ESSENTIAL differences between NetBackup and Backup Exec? i.e.: EFS, CDP, etc....

  1. What are the essential differences between the NetBackup and Backup Exec?

    Can anyone out there tell me the ESSENTIAL differences between NetBackup and
    Backup Exec? i.e.: EFS, CDP, etc.

  2. Re: What are the essential differences between the NetBackup and Backup Exec?

    We bought NetBackup years ago because we had multiple sites.
    We would backup locally. (for speed)
    We would store our tapes in the other buildings. (for safety)
    With NetBackup, we could do restores from ANY media server, so we did not have to drive to another site to get tapes, we just needed
    to have them loaded in a library at that site.
    NetBackup also gave us central management, so we only needed one backup admin, who could call other sites and tell them what to do
    with the tapes.

    Backup exec is more of a Single Server model. Not on the client side of course, but of the media server, management side.

    Steven

    http://www.glimasoutheast.org

    "Darryl Moss" wrote in message news:46ce077b@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Can anyone out there tell me the ESSENTIAL differences between NetBackup and
    > Backup Exec? i.e.: EFS, CDP, etc.

+ Reply to Thread