Error 525 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Error 525 - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm a newbie and struggling to just log in to the gui! It's returning an error 525: Cannot connect to the NB-Java authentication services via VNETD on cagxc1 (my hostname) on port 13724. According to the troubleshooting guide this implies ...

  1. Error 525

    I'm a newbie and struggling to just log in to the gui! It's returning an
    error 525: Cannot connect to the NB-Java authentication services via VNETD
    on cagxc1 (my hostname) on port 13724.

    According to the troubleshooting guide this implies there's a conflict in
    the settings for vnetd in /etc/services and /usr/openv/java/nbj.conf but
    they're both the same:

    /usr/openv/java/nbj.conf:
    BPJAVA_PORT=13722
    VNETD_PORT=13724
    NBJAVA_CONNECT_OPTION=1
    NBJAVA_CLIENT_PORT_WINDOW=0 0
    INSTALL_PATH=/usr/openv/java
    INITIAL_MEMORY=36M
    MAX_MEMORY=256M
    MEM_USE_WARNING=80
    FORCE_IPADDR_LOOKUP=1
    USE_NBJAUTH_WITH_ENHAUTH=0

    and services.conf:
    vnetd 13724/tcp # Veritas Network Utility
    vnetd 13724/udp # Veritas Network Utility

    I also thought it might be firewall related so I made sure I stopped it.
    Still no luck. The messages in the console log sound interesting but don't
    mean anything to me. Can any nb gurus translate?

    ServerInterface:Logon: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
    ServerInterface:Logon - Initial host:null, Current host:cagxc1, Firewall
    Env:true, MS port:13722, VNETD:13724, m_intPort:0, localPort:0, range use:false
    Can not connect to the NB-Java authentication service via VNETD on cagxc1
    on port 13724. Exception:

  2. Re: Error 525

    Hi ,
    I had similar erro in my rhel.0 sys i installed Xinetd and
    reran the nstal script which fixed th issue.

    Good luck

    "Mark Seger" wrote:

    >I'm a newbie and struggling to just log in to the gui! It's returning an
    >error 525: Cannot connect to the NB-Java authentication services via VNETD
    >on cagxc1 (my hostname) on port 13724.
    >
    >According to the troubleshooting guide this implies there's a conflict in
    >the settings for vnetd in /etc/services and /usr/openv/java/nbj.conf but
    >they're both the same:
    >
    >/usr/openv/java/nbj.conf:
    >BPJAVA_PORT=13722
    >VNETD_PORT=13724
    >NBJAVA_CONNECT_OPTION=1
    >NBJAVA_CLIENT_PORT_WINDOW=0 0
    >INSTALL_PATH=/usr/openv/java
    >INITIAL_MEMORY=36M
    >MAX_MEMORY=256M
    >MEM_USE_WARNING=80
    >FORCE_IPADDR_LOOKUP=1
    >USE_NBJAUTH_WITH_ENHAUTH=0
    >
    >and services.conf:
    >vnetd 13724/tcp # Veritas Network Utility
    >vnetd 13724/udp # Veritas Network Utility
    >
    >I also thought it might be firewall related so I made sure I stopped it.
    > Still no luck. The messages in the console log sound interesting but don't
    >mean anything to me. Can any nb gurus translate?
    >
    >ServerInterface:Logon: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
    >ServerInterface:Logon - Initial host:null, Current host:cagxc1, Firewall
    >Env:true, MS port:13722, VNETD:13724, m_intPort:0, localPort:0, range use:false
    >Can not connect to the NB-Java authentication service via VNETD on cagxc1
    >on port 13724. Exception:
    >java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

+ Reply to Thread