NOM for NetBackup 6.0 not installing completely - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NOM for NetBackup 6.0 not installing completely - Veritas Net Backup ; I have recently upgraded several Solaris NetBackup 5.1 servers to NetBackup 6.0 and am having problem installing the NetBackup Operations Manager (NOM). I was advised at a seminar to install NOM on a server seperate from any master servers. Installation ...

  1. NOM for NetBackup 6.0 not installing completely

    I have recently upgraded several Solaris NetBackup 5.1 servers to NetBackup
    6.0 and am having problem installing the NetBackup Operations Manager (NOM).
    I was advised at a seminar to install NOM on a server seperate from any master
    servers.
    Installation of NOM on a Sun Blade running Solaris 10 has failed several
    times, dumping core. VxPBX is installed and VxAT is configured as Authentication
    + Root Broker. Installation of NOM always fails during the configuration
    of the NOM alert monitor (vxamnom) with a libc thread failure.

    Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? I have not had the opportunity
    to try the install on a Solaris 9 platform. There are differences between
    Solaris 9 and Solaris 10. I have been thinking of running a Dtrace during
    the install process and seeing if that reveals anything,

    Dana

  2. Re: NOM for NetBackup 6.0 not installing completely

    Try backing up the NOM servers with a special WSYWIG core modulator. It has
    been my past experience that this process of supporting core Cdot threads
    with the WSYWIG causes the system to feed itself, even if it is not full.
    Try this and get back to me.

    "Dana" wrote:

    >I have recently upgraded several Solaris NetBackup 5.1 servers to NetBackup
    >6.0 and am having problem installing the NetBackup Operations Manager (NOM).
    >I was advised at a seminar to install NOM on a server seperate from any

    master
    >servers.
    >Installation of NOM on a Sun Blade running Solaris 10 has failed several
    >times, dumping core. VxPBX is installed and VxAT is configured as Authentication
    >+ Root Broker. Installation of NOM always fails during the configuration
    >of the NOM alert monitor (vxamnom) with a libc thread failure.
    >
    >Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? I have not had the opportunity
    >to try the install on a Solaris 9 platform. There are differences between
    >Solaris 9 and Solaris 10. I have been thinking of running a Dtrace during
    >the install process and seeing if that reveals anything,
    >
    >Dana

+ Reply to Thread