No storage units available for use (213) - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on No storage units available for use (213) - Veritas Net Backup ; I had to reboot the server that Nebackup is installed. Tried to run the normal weekly backup jobs and got the error message "no storage unit available for use (213)". I can inventory the L8 robot from the netbackup control ...

  1. No storage units available for use (213)

    I had to reboot the server that Nebackup is installed. Tried to run the normal
    weekly backup jobs and got the error message "no storage unit available for
    use (213)". I can inventory the L8 robot from the netbackup control panel.
    I tried stopping and restarting the daemons. I have even rebooted the server.
    But nothing works. Any ideas?

  2. Re: No storage units available for use (213)

    "Jack Seaman" wrote:

    >I had to reboot the server that Nebackup is installed. Tried to run the

    normal
    >weekly backup jobs and got the error message "no storage unit available

    for
    >use (213)". I can inventory the L8 robot from the netbackup control panel.
    > I tried stopping and restarting the daemons. I have even rebooted the

    server.
    > But nothing works. Any ideas?

    I am having the exact same problem. Restarted the daemons with no success.
    Netbackup can inventory the tapes (even removed one to make sure it was actually
    running the inventory) but keeps reporting no storage units available for
    use.

  3. Re: No storage units available for use (213)

    I've just gone to 5.1 MP5 and got a Status 213 on a previously fine Solaris
    9 daily incremental.

    So I copied the policy and toggled the Storage Unit. i.e. set it to any
    other unit, then set it back to the original (correct) Storage Unit. Restarted
    the job from the Admin Console and it worked this time. (Until next week?
    lol) Only thing is, it ran a "full" backup, not the daily incremental I
    have defined!! wtf

    Note: Why doesn't Veritas have a Status Code 666 ?? Maybe that's the default?

    -.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

    "Jay McDowell" wrote:

    >"Jack Seaman" wrote:
    >>
    >>I had to reboot the server that Nebackup is installed. Tried to run the

    >normal
    >>weekly backup jobs and got the error message "no storage unit available

    >for
    >>use (213)". I can inventory the L8 robot from the netbackup control panel.
    >> I tried stopping and restarting the daemons. I have even rebooted the

    >server.
    >> But nothing works. Any ideas?

    >I am having the exact same problem. Restarted the daemons with no success.
    >Netbackup can inventory the tapes (even removed one to make sure it was

    actually
    >running the inventory) but keeps reporting no storage units available for
    >use.

+ Reply to Thread