Can I delete backed up data? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Can I delete backed up data? - Veritas Net Backup ; OS : Windows 2003 Svr Ver : Netbackup Business server 4.5GA Lib : IBM LTO Library DB : Oracle 8, Solaris ------------------------------------------------ Hi, I'm using Netbackup Business server 4.5 but we suffering from limited storage capacity. so, I hope.. deleting ...

  1. Can I delete backed up data?

    OS : Windows 2003 Svr
    Ver : Netbackup Business server 4.5GA
    Lib : IBM LTO Library
    DB : Oracle 8, Solaris
    Hi, I'm using Netbackup Business server 4.5
    but we suffering from limited storage capacity.
    so, I hope.. deleting backed up data using Veritas Netbackup.
    Can I freely select and delete bakced up data?

  2. Re: Can I delete backed up data?

    You mean data that you already backed up to tape? Data that NetBackup
    is using for the image catalog? Random data on the server where
    NetBackup is?

    The answers (in order are)

    It is possible
    Don't even think about it
    Sure what difference does it make as long as it doesnt keep the server
    from booting

    JR

    On 30 Sep 2005 05:16:31 -0500, "wk, Park"
    wrote:

    >OS : Windows 2003 Svr
    >Ver : Netbackup Business server 4.5GA
    >Lib : IBM LTO Library
    >DB : Oracle 8, Solaris
    >Hi, I'm using Netbackup Business server 4.5
    >but we suffering from limited storage capacity.
    >so, I hope.. deleting backed up data using Veritas Netbackup.
    >Can I freely select and delete bakced up data?

+ Reply to Thread