Version of NetBackup Business Server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Version of NetBackup Business Server - Veritas Net Backup ; I've been handed the job of taking care of the backups for 4 solaris9 boxes. I have several questions: 1) We have two Sol10_x86 boxes but it's not listed in the policy dialog. 2)How do I tell if any MPs ...

  1. Version of NetBackup Business Server

    I've been handed the job of taking care of the backups for 4 solaris9 boxes.
    I have several questions:

    1) We have two Sol10_x86 boxes but it's not listed in the policy dialog.
    2)How do I tell if any MPs or VPs have been applied?
    3)How do I make sure the client side of NB starts up on the other systems?

    Yeah, I'm a newbie at this and need to get up to speed quick.

    TIA!

  2. Re: Version of NetBackup Business Server-Followup

    "Dennis Duffner" wrote:

    >I've been handed the job of taking care of the backups for 4 solaris9 boxes.
    > I have several questions:
    >
    >1) We have two Sol10_x86 boxes but it's not listed in the policy dialog.

    Does one of the MPs or FPs add this?

    >2)How do I tell if any MPs or VPs have been applied?
    >3)How do I make sure the client side of NB starts up on the other systems?

    It looks like they should as there is an entry in the rc2.d directory for
    bdconfig but...

    >Yeah, I'm a newbie at this and need to get up to speed quick.
    >
    >TIA!

+ Reply to Thread