labelling media in standalone drive ! - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on labelling media in standalone drive ! - Veritas Net Backup ; HI Guys ! I am trying to use volume configuration wizard, to label media for standalone drive, but each time i start a backup job, the new media gets labelled using default prefix ie A00001,A00002 etc please, any one can ...

  1. labelling media in standalone drive !

    HI Guys !

    I am trying to use volume configuration wizard, to label media for standalone
    drive, but each time i start a backup job, the new media gets labelled using
    default prefix ie A00001,A00002 etc

    please, any one can guide me how to label media in standalone drive

    thanks

    Ayaz

  2. Re: labelling media in standalone drive !

    label on standalone drives/librairy are dictated by the volume you created
    1. create a new volume with your desire ID
    2. put the volume within a new pool "toto"
    3. set the policy to backup to the new pool
    et voila

    "Ayaz" wrote in message news:407041ab@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > HI Guys !
    >
    > I am trying to use volume configuration wizard, to label media for

    standalone
    > drive, but each time i start a backup job, the new media gets labelled

    using
    > default prefix ie A00001,A00002 etc
    >
    > please, any one can guide me how to label media in standalone drive
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Ayaz

  3. Re: labelling media in standalone drive !

    probably easier to do it from the command line.. navigate to the ./bin/admincmd
    directory and type (making sure the tape is already in the unit):

    bplabel -m -d -o -u "0" for a /dev/rmt/0 device>

    tom.
    "Ayaz" wrote:

    >HI Guys !
    >
    >I am trying to use volume configuration wizard, to label media for standalone
    >drive, but each time i start a backup job, the new media gets labelled using
    >default prefix ie A00001,A00002 etc
    >
    >please, any one can guide me how to label media in standalone drive
    >
    >thanks
    >
    >Ayaz

+ Reply to Thread