database tapes - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on database tapes - Veritas Net Backup ; OS Solaris 8 NB Business server version 3.4.1 Device Storedge L9We currently have two tapes being used alternatively for the database backups.These operate correctly everyday Mon-Fri however, when for example a bank holiday occurs i enter the relevant tapes but ...

  1. database tapes

    OS Solaris 8
    NB Business server version 3.4.1
    Device Storedge L9We currently have two tapes being used alternatively for
    the database backups.These operate correctly everyday Mon-Fri however, when
    for example a bank holiday occurs i enter the relevant tapes but only
    inserting one database tape as normal on the friday before. The backup on
    the monday night looks for the alternative tape (one not in magazine) thus
    causing the backup to fail. Is there a way around this problem?

    thank you

  2. Re: database tapes

    build up a script :
    1) configuration of the catalog backup ( to remove | update | add a media )
    bpsyncinfo -h
    2) initate the backup bpsyncinfo -dobackup

    "Louise" wrote in message news:3ebfa068@hronntp01....
    > OS Solaris 8
    > NB Business server version 3.4.1
    > Device Storedge L9We currently have two tapes being used alternatively for
    > the database backups.These operate correctly everyday Mon-Fri however,

    when
    > for example a bank holiday occurs i enter the relevant tapes but only
    > inserting one database tape as normal on the friday before. The backup on
    > the monday night looks for the alternative tape (one not in magazine) thus
    > causing the backup to fail. Is there a way around this problem?
    >

    > thank you

+ Reply to Thread