Tape cleaning - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Tape cleaning - Veritas Net Backup ; I am trying to run the tpclean but it doest appear to be installed, yet my cleaning tape is present when media is checked. Can anyone shed some light as to how to initialize a tape clean via command line ...

  1. Tape cleaning

    I am trying to run the tpclean but it doest appear to be installed, yet my
    cleaning tape is present when media is checked. Can anyone shed some light
    as to how to initialize a tape clean via command line or gui?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Tape cleaning

    configuration of tpclean
    http://support.veritas.com/docs/242905

    how to intiate cleaning of drive using tpclean
    http://support.veritas.com/docs/240619

    all those technote are very nice but drive should not be cleaned manually
    instead you should live the drive requesting for a clean ( non frequency
    based ) and tapealert executing the cleaning

    "Louise" wrote in message news:3e953e9e@hronntp01....
    > I am trying to run the tpclean but it doest appear to be installed, yet my
    > cleaning tape is present when media is checked. Can anyone shed some light
    > as to how to initialize a tape clean via command line or gui?
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread