Retention periods - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Retention periods - Veritas Net Backup ; I do not want to leave tapes in my L9 but i wondered if there is a way of checking when for example a monthly backup tape shall be used so i can ensure that tape is in place?...

  1. Retention periods

    I do not want to leave tapes in my L9 but i wondered if there is a way of
    checking when for example a monthly backup tape shall be used so i can
    ensure that tape is in place?

  2. Re: Retention periods

    bpsched command enables to predict when the backup will be ran :

    [sptsunnb21 root] # bpsched -h
    bpsched: unknown option -h
    usage: bpsched (all parameters are optional)
    -verbose, -v (log messages in verbose mode)
    -cv (client should log messages in verbose
    mode)
    -pl progresslogpath (name of client progress log)
    -IB (immediate backup -- ignore backup
    windows)
    -UA (user directed archive)
    -UB (user directed backup)
    -predict datetime [-L] (predict backups to be run)
    format for datetime is mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss
    -predictu unixtime [-L] (predict backups to be run using Unix
    time)
    -fl filelist (filelist for user-directed
    archive/backup)
    -client clientname (name of client requesting
    archive/backup)
    -class classname (name of class for archive/backup)
    -sched schedlabel (name of schedule for archive/backup)
    -ru requesting_user (name of user requesting archive/backup)
    -rg requesting_group (name of group requesting
    archive/backup)
    -ct client_type (ordinal of client type)
    "Louise" wrote in message news:3e92da84$1@hronntp01....
    > I do not want to leave tapes in my L9 but i wondered if there is a way of
    > checking when for example a monthly backup tape shall be used so i can
    > ensure that tape is in place?

+ Reply to Thread