connection refused (146) - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on connection refused (146) - Veritas Net Backup ; This is probably a newbie question but here it is: I use Netbackup Businessserver 4.5 on Solaris 8. I have recently started getting an error message when trying to do an inventory of the tape device. The message I get ...

  1. connection refused (146)

    This is probably a newbie question but here it is:

    I use Netbackup Businessserver 4.5 on Solaris 8. I have recently started
    getting an error message when trying to do an inventory of the tape device.
    The message I get is "Cannot connect to tldcd on host xxxxx: Connection
    refused (146)". When the backup starts it just hangs trying to mount the
    tape (I assume because the backup device and Netbackup are not talking to
    each other). I can't find anything on this message on Veritas or the
    Internet. Can anyone help? Thanks for any assistance you may be able to
    provide.

    Brian

  2. Re: connection refused (146)

    It looks like the tape library daemon is not running, or is this to simple?

    Brian wrote:

    > This is probably a newbie question but here it is:
    >
    > I use Netbackup Businessserver 4.5 on Solaris 8. I have recently started
    > getting an error message when trying to do an inventory of the tape device.
    > The message I get is "Cannot connect to tldcd on host xxxxx: Connection
    > refused (146)". When the backup starts it just hangs trying to mount the
    > tape (I assume because the backup device and Netbackup are not talking to
    > each other). I can't find anything on this message on Veritas or the
    > Internet. Can anyone help? Thanks for any assistance you may be able to
    > provide.
    >
    > Brian

  3. Re: connection refused (146)

    I am having the same problem, with 3.4.
    It appears that all the daemons are running.
    Any ideas?

    Nico van Vliet wrote:
    >It looks like the tape library daemon is not running, or is this to simple?
    >
    >Brian wrote:
    >
    >> This is probably a newbie question but here it is:
    >>
    >> I use Netbackup Businessserver 4.5 on Solaris 8. I have recently started
    >> getting an error message when trying to do an inventory of the tape device.
    >> The message I get is "Cannot connect to tldcd on host xxxxx: Connection
    >> refused (146)". When the backup starts it just hangs trying to mount

    the
    >> tape (I assume because the backup device and Netbackup are not talking

    >> each other). I can't find anything on this message on Veritas or the
    >> Internet. Can anyone help? Thanks for any assistance you may be able

    >> provide.
    >>
    >> Brian

+ Reply to Thread