how to 'unfreeze' a tape - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on how to 'unfreeze' a tape - Veritas Net Backup ; Happy new year to you all. I have not yet found out how to overcome the following situation: I tested my tape device with the UNIX tar commmand ( put some files on it ). Now when I try to ...

  1. how to 'unfreeze' a tape

    Happy new year to you all.

    I have not yet found out how to overcome the following situation:
    I tested my tape device with the UNIX tar commmand ( put some files on it ).
    Now when I try to use this tape in veritas it will not write on this tape ( neat ) and freezes it.

    However, in this case I want netbackup to ignore the existing tar image on the tape.
    I can use bpexpdate to let it forget about the tape, but it freezes it again when I try to reuse it.

    TIA

    Nico van Vliet

  2. Re: how to 'unfreeze' a tape

    try using bplabel (assuming you do not want the image thats already on it)

    "Nico van Vliet" wrote in message
    > Happy new year to you all.
    >
    > I have not yet found out how to overcome the following situation:
    > I tested my tape device with the UNIX tar commmand ( put some files on

    it ).
    > Now when I try to use this tape in veritas it will not write on this tape

    ( neat ) and freezes it.

    > However, in this case I want netbackup to ignore the existing tar image on

    the tape.
    > I can use bpexpdate to let it forget about the tape, but it freezes it

    again when I try to reuse it.

    > TIA
    >
    > Nico van Vliet

+ Reply to Thread