setting weekday windows via bpplsched - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on setting weekday windows via bpplsched - Veritas Net Backup ; How do I set up a schedule that runs only on one day of each week (every Friday, for example) via the bpplsched command? The default is to setup the same window for every day of the week and I ...

  1. setting weekday windows via bpplsched

    How do I set up a schedule that runs only on one day of each week (every Friday,
    for example) via the bpplsched command? The default is to setup the same
    window for every day of the week and I can't seem to override it. I've tried
    using the -weeday option but that doesn't seem to make any difference.
    Thanks,
    Brad

  2. Re: setting weekday windows via bpplsched

    [sptsunnb20-nbu root] # bpplsched -h
    USAGE: bpplsched policy_name [-v] [-M master_server...] [-L|-l|-U]
    [-label sched_label]
    bpplsched policy_name [-v] [-M master_server...]
    -delete sched_label ...
    bpplsched policy_name [-v] [-M master_server...] -deleteall
    bpplsched policy_name [-v] [-M master_server...]
    -add sched_label [-st sched_type]
    [-freq frequency]
    [-mpxmax mpx_factor]
    [-number_copies number]
    [-rl retention_level[,rl-copy2,..., rl-copyn]]
    [-residence storage_unit_label[,stunit-copy2,... stunit-copyn]]
    [-pool volume_pool_label[,pool-copy2,... pool-copyn]]
    [-fail_on_error (0 | 1)[,(0 | 1),...,(0 | 1)]]
    [-window start duration]
    [-cal 0/1/2]
    [-ut] [-incl mm/dd/yyyy] [-excl mm/dd/yyyy]
    [-weekday day_name week] [-dayomonth 1-31 or l]

    Valid values for mpx_factor: 1..32

    You will achieve a single backup on a week basis by using a frequency of 6
    days .

    Regards,

    "Bradford Leak" wrote in message

    > How do I set up a schedule that runs only on one day of each week (every

    Friday,
    > for example) via the bpplsched command? The default is to setup the same
    > window for every day of the week and I can't seem to override it. I've

    tried
    > using the -weeday option but that doesn't seem to make any difference.
    > Thanks,
    > Brad

+ Reply to Thread