Netbackup on Solaris verison 8 (v3.4) - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup on Solaris verison 8 (v3.4) - Veritas Net Backup ; I am trying to install Veritas for my first time and I am getting the following message. Error loading applet vrts.nbu.admin.Launch: java.lang.Error: Unrecognized keycode name: VK_LEFT Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I have signed on as root...

  1. Netbackup on Solaris verison 8 (v3.4)

    I am trying to install Veritas for my first time and I am getting the following
    message.

    Error loading applet vrts.nbu.admin.Launch: java.lang.Error: Unrecognized
    keycode name: VK_LEFT

    Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
    I have signed on as root

  2. Re: Netbackup on Solaris verison 8 (v3.4)

    The problem are two environment variables that are installed when Solaris 8
    is loaded onto the machine. Unset these variables :

    XMICONSEARCHPATH
    XMICONBMSEARCHPATH

    and the Java GUI will work.

    "Mark Iredale" wrote in message

    > I am trying to install Veritas for my first time and I am getting the

    following
    > message.
    >
    > Error loading applet vrts.nbu.admin.Launch: java.lang.Error: Unrecognized
    > keycode name: VK_LEFT
    >

    > Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
    > I have signed on as root

+ Reply to Thread