restore - can't choose destination client - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on restore - can't choose destination client - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi all, I try to restore from a NetBackup server on solaris a backup done from my PC, but when I want to set up the destination client I cannot change it, thus the backup is perfomred on the solaris ...

  1. restore - can't choose destination client

    Hi all,

    I try to restore from a NetBackup server on solaris a backup done from my
    PC,
    but when I want to set up the destination client I cannot change it,
    thus the backup is perfomred on the solaris server.

    Any idea why I cannot choose where to restore ?

    Thanks in advance

    Cedric

  2. Re: restore - can't choose destination client

    mkdir ./netbackup/db/altnames/No.Restrictions
    and then check that bp.conf or registry of master contain the correct entry
    ie SERVER = the first ligne should be equal to the master server hostname
    obtained by running the following command from the master server
    ../bpclntcmd -pn

    "AC" wrote in message news:3c99e823@hronntp01....
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I try to restore from a NetBackup server on solaris a backup done from my
    > PC,
    > but when I want to set up the destination client I cannot change it,
    > thus the backup is perfomred on the solaris server.
    >
    > Any idea why I cannot choose where to restore ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Cedric

  3. Re: restore - can't choose destination client

    mkdir ./netbackup/db/altnames/No.Restrictions
    and then check that bp.conf or registry of master contain the correct entry
    ie SERVER = the first ligne should be equal to the master server hostname
    obtained by running the following command from the master server
    ../bpclntcmd -pn

    "AC" wrote in message news:3c99e823@hronntp01....
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I try to restore from a NetBackup server on solaris a backup done from my
    > PC,
    > but when I want to set up the destination client I cannot change it,
    > thus the backup is perfomred on the solaris server.
    >
    > Any idea why I cannot choose where to restore ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Cedric

  4. Re: restore - can't choose destination client

    I had this issue. Log into the Java GUI and make sure the Host
    Name is lowercase letters. This can be permanently changed;
    explore to C:\Program Files\Veritas\Java (or wherever Veritas
    is installed) and edit the SERVER.vrtsnbuj (where SERVER is the
    master server) file. Edit the HostName value to lowercase
    letters.

+ Reply to Thread