Backup hangs with timeout error - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Backup hangs with timeout error - Veritas Net Backup ; I have a new install of NBU BS 3.4 on an ultra5 Solaris8 with an Exabyte 8mm 8500 (older) scsi tape device. Whenever I try a manual backup, it just hangs, the tpae does nothing, and the log says "load ...

  1. Backup hangs with timeout error

    I have a new install of NBU BS 3.4 on an ultra5 Solaris8 with an Exabyte 8mm
    8500 (older) scsi tape device. Whenever I try a manual backup, it just hangs,
    the tpae does nothing, and the log says "load of media id 8mm002 failed,
    error requestiong media (tpreq)"
    Second time I tried I got this message "media manager terminated during mount
    of media id 8mm001, possible media mount timeout"
    Any ideas??

    thanks very much ahead of time.

  2. Re: Backup hangs with timeout error

    what does the ./netbackup/logs/bptm says ?

    "Alex Loker" wrote in message

    > I have a new install of NBU BS 3.4 on an ultra5 Solaris8 with an Exabyte

    8mm
    > 8500 (older) scsi tape device. Whenever I try a manual backup, it just

    hangs,
    > the tpae does nothing, and the log says "load of media id 8mm002 failed,
    > error requestiong media (tpreq)"
    > Second time I tried I got this message "media manager terminated during

    mount
    > of media id 8mm001, possible media mount timeout"
    > Any ideas??
    >
    > thanks very much ahead of time.

+ Reply to Thread