Redhat 7.1 install. HELP - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Redhat 7.1 install. HELP - Veritas Net Backup ; hello all, well, I'm new to NetBackup, and I've had the unenviable task of installing Netbackup 3.4.1 on a Redhat 7.1 server. I've hit roadblocks here and again with it, though installing it on my Redhat 7.2 laptop was a ...

  1. Redhat 7.1 install. HELP

    hello all,

    well, I'm new to NetBackup, and I've had the unenviable task of installing
    Netbackup 3.4.1 on a Redhat 7.1 server. I've hit roadblocks here and again
    with it, though installing it on my Redhat 7.2 laptop was a breeze.

    To circumvent the libncurses.so.4 problem, i did a:

    ln -s /usr/local/lib/libncurses.so.5 libncurses.so.4
    ln -s /usr/local/lib/libncurses.so.5.2 libncurses.so.4.2

    that got me to "nearly" installing the software without a glitch. however i
    did get these two lines in the screen dump....

    set global device configuration host failed.

    and a bunch of these...
    /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/cltemplates: line 438: 18905 Segmentation
    fault (core dumped) $SCHD $CNAME1 -add fullbkps -type FULL -retlevel
    3 -freq 604800 -window 72000 36000 2>>$OUTF

    the services are running now however. if that's all i need great, but I
    just don't know/have the experience with this software.

    I've reinstalled the server a number of times, every time starting clean by
    erasing any and every trace of the software and stopping all services. I'm
    at my wits end, and Tech support while very helpful hasn't been able to
    offer me a solid solution. Other than the comment in jest about waiting for
    netbackup businessServer 3.5 to arrive...

    regards,
    -danny

  2. Re: Redhat 7.1 install. HELP

    I have not had any problem installing nb business server 3.41 on rdh 7.0
    (test system ) therefore I am alarm by your difficulties

    > set global device configuration host failed.

    tpconfig -set_globdb (to set manually if I remmber correctly

    > and a bunch of these...
    > /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/cltemplates: line 438: 18905 Segmentation
    > fault (core dumped) $SCHD $CNAME1 -add fullbkps -type FULL -retlevel
    > 3 -freq 604800 -window 72000 36000 2>>$OUTF

    During which operations ?

  3. Re: Redhat 7.1 install. HELP

    All of these errors occured during installation. namely when i did a
    ../install on the cdrom.

    weird i know. I even have veritas tech support scratching their heads.

    -danny

    "Zorro" wrote in message news:3c67133a@hronntp01....
    > I have not had any problem installing nb business server 3.41 on rdh 7.0
    > (test system ) therefore I am alarm by your difficulties
    >
    > > set global device configuration host failed.

    > tpconfig -set_globdb (to set manually if I remmber correctly
    >
    > > and a bunch of these...
    > > /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/cltemplates: line 438: 18905

    Segmentation
    > > fault (core dumped) $SCHD $CNAME1 -add fullbkps -type

    FULL -retlevel
    > > 3 -freq 604800 -window 72000 36000 2>>$OUTF

    > During which operations ?

+ Reply to Thread