help with java error on starting jnbSA - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on help with java error on starting jnbSA - Veritas Net Backup ; I have just installed Netbackup 3.4.1 and I have gone to run the jnbSA script. I get a java script error about unrecognized keycode name: VK_PAGE_UP. Any help would be appreciated. I have also installed the Java patch for the ...

  1. help with java error on starting jnbSA

    I have just installed Netbackup 3.4.1 and I have gone to run the jnbSA script.
    I get a java script error about unrecognized keycode name: VK_PAGE_UP.
    Any help would be appreciated. I have also installed the Java patch for
    the server but it didn't seem to fix my problem. BTW it's Solaris 8.

  2. Re: help with java error on starting jnbSA

    You're not the only one getting this "unexplained" error.
    Try setting the LANG variable to something other than C POSIX.
    If you try
    LANG=en_US.UTF-8 ; export LANG

    then jnbSA will run OK.
    I guess it's a bug that it doesn't run in POSIX C.
    Andy

    "Matt" wrote in message news:3be6b586$1@hronntp01....

    > I have just installed Netbackup 3.4.1 and I have gone to run the jnbSA

    script.
    > I get a java script error about unrecognized keycode name: VK_PAGE_UP.
    > Any help would be appreciated. I have also installed the Java patch for
    > the server but it didn't seem to fix my problem. BTW it's Solaris 8.

  3. Re: help with java error on starting jnbSA

    I had the same error after installing Netbackup 3.4 on Solaris 8.
    After running jnbSA, the frame would display, but as soon as I hit
    the keyboard, a core dump would occur. Go to Veritas website,
    and look for TechNote 236053. It seems like you have to unset
    XMICONSEARCHPATH and XMBMICONSEARCHPATH.

    That's what I did and it works (I am using openwindows).

    Hope that helps

    Nov 2001 10:51:34 -0500, "Matt" wrote:

    >I have just installed Netbackup 3.4.1 and I have gone to run the jnbSA script.
    > I get a java script error about unrecognized keycode name: VK_PAGE_UP.
    >Any help would be appreciated. I have also installed the Java patch for
    >the server but it didn't seem to fix my problem. BTW it's Solaris 8.

+ Reply to Thread