Error: "Timed out while waiting for acknowledgement" on NetBackup Client for Win2000 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Error: "Timed out while waiting for acknowledgement" on NetBackup Client for Win2000 - Veritas Net Backup ; We have a Netbackup Server on Solaris 8 and some client on Win2000. When I want to backup or restore from client, I have error 23 "Timed out while waiting for acknowledgement". Client and Server is configured correctly. Solution which ...

  1. Error: "Timed out while waiting for acknowledgement" on NetBackup Client for Win2000

    We have a Netbackup Server on Solaris 8 and some client on Win2000. When I
    want to backup or restore from client, I have error 23 "Timed out while
    waiting for acknowledgement". Client and Server is configured correctly.
    Solution which is described in Technote 230050 do not work.
    How I can to resolve this problem?
    Can you help me?

  2. Re: Error: "Timed out while waiting for acknowledgement" on NetBackup Client for Win2000

    Hi ,

    We have two ways of analysing this ;
    1. network issue
    Technote 230050 is a good starting point on the unix side but what about the
    NT side :
    - Duplexing ideally set to full
    - tcp setting
    for normal latency
    REGEDIT4
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters]
    "GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize"=dword:00007fff

    For high latency (ie poor connection)

    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters]
    "GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize"=dword:0000ffff

    - Binairies of netbackup
    When submitting a backup or a restore request from a Windows based client,
    to a Unix Master server, the client interface may get a pop up message
    indicating that it timed out while waiting for an acknowledgment from the
    server.

    2. netbackup configuration
    Have you set some timeout option on the master|media or client ?
    client_read_timeout
    client_connect_timeout
    if yes make sure those value are increase and synchronised

    I hope it does help

    wrote in message

    > We have a Netbackup Server on Solaris 8 and some client on Win2000. When I
    > want to backup or restore from client, I have error 23 "Timed out while
    > waiting for acknowledgement". Client and Server is configured correctly.
    > Solution which is described in Technote 230050 do not work.
    > How I can to resolve this problem?
    > Can you help me?

  3. Re: Error: "Timed out while waiting for acknowledgement" on NetBackup Client for Win

    Quote Originally Posted by unix View Post
    We have a Netbackup Server on Solaris 8 and some client on Win2000. When I
    want to backup or restore from client, I have error 23 "Timed out while
    waiting for acknowledgement". Client and Server is configured correctly.
    Solution which is described in Technote 230050 do not work.
    How I can to resolve this problem?
    Can you help me?
    I had the same problem on win server 2008 and when I disabled firewall, this error disappeared and restore was successful.

    I hope it will help you.

    skyso

+ Reply to Thread