Backing up UNIX clients from a Windows server. - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Backing up UNIX clients from a Windows server. - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello. I'm at a loss as to how UNIX clients are backed up with Netbackup from a Windows server. I can't find anything at all about this in the documentation... I assume a client has to be installed on the ...

  1. Backing up UNIX clients from a Windows server.

    Hello.

    I'm at a loss as to how UNIX clients are backed up with Netbackup from a
    Windows server. I can't find anything at all about this in the documentation...
    I assume a client has to be installed on the UNIX machines, but I can't
    find instructions for this anywhere.

    Can anyone help?

  2. Re: Backing up UNIX clients from a Windows server.

    unix clients can not be pushed from a windows master =
    create a class --->add a client hostname
    you will have to install the binairies for each clients from the cdrom ,if I
    remember correctly a directory alled clients contains the binairies
    Or easier install a unix master server and push the client binairies to the
    clients following the class creation method where the option "install
    software " is on offer ....

    "Terry" wrote in message news:3bc1e35c$1@hronntp01....

    > Hello.
    >
    > I'm at a loss as to how UNIX clients are backed up with Netbackup from a
    > Windows server. I can't find anything at all about this in the

    documentation...
    > I assume a client has to be installed on the UNIX machines, but I can't
    > find instructions for this anywhere.
    >
    > Can anyone help?

  3. Re: Backing up UNIX clients from a Windows server.

    Zorro is right. You will have to install the client software piece for the
    unix servers, make sure you patch them to the latest patch on the veritas
    website not forgetting to make sure that you have communications between the
    client and server. It will be in your best interest to create a separate
    class and schedules for the unix clients. with this you should be okay.

    "Terry" wrote in message news:3bc1e35c$1@hronntp01....

    > Hello.
    >
    > I'm at a loss as to how UNIX clients are backed up with Netbackup from a
    > Windows server. I can't find anything at all about this in the

    documentation...
    > I assume a client has to be installed on the UNIX machines, but I can't
    > find instructions for this anywhere.
    >
    > Can anyone help?

  4. Re: Backing up UNIX clients from a Windows server.

    Hello, I have done all of this but I get an error 99 when I try to backup...
    Do i have to install any special NDMP software on the unix client?
    Thank you.

    > > Hello.
    > >
    > > I'm at a loss as to how UNIX clients are backed up with Netbackup from a
    > > Windows server. I can't find anything at all about this in the

    > documentation...
    > > I assume a client has to be installed on the UNIX machines, but I can't
    > > find instructions for this anywhere.
    > >
    > > Can anyone help?

+ Reply to Thread