Media Mgr Device Daemon getting automatically terminated - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Media Mgr Device Daemon getting automatically terminated - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello Gurus, I just installed NetBackup for Unix Business Server 3.2 on Solaris 2.7. After that added a DLT drive in it which was already connected to my Sun E420 and configured on the system. Now when I try to ...

  1. Media Mgr Device Daemon getting automatically terminated

    Hello Gurus,

    I just installed NetBackup for Unix Business Server 3.2 on Solaris 2.7. After
    that added a DLT drive in it which was already connected to my Sun E420 and
    configured on the system. Now when I try to start the Media Manager Device
    Daemon it starts but immediately gets automatically terminated. Have any
    one of you faced a similar problem ? When I try to do a backup it gets terminated
    saying Media Mgr Device Daemon may not be running. I checked and ensured
    that ltid, avrd & vmd are running but still in the GUI of Device Management
    it says Daemon Down. Can somebody guide me what could possibly be the problem
    ?

    Mantosh Kharkar

  2. Re: Media Mgr Device Daemon getting automatically terminated

    /var/adm/messages will provide further details why the daemons gets
    automatically terminated
    just to be sure how do you check daemons are running
    bpps -a

    "Mantosh Kharkar" wrote in message

    > Hello Gurus,
    >
    > I just installed NetBackup for Unix Business Server 3.2 on Solaris 2.7.

    After
    > that added a DLT drive in it which was already connected to my Sun E420

    and
    > configured on the system. Now when I try to start the Media Manager Device
    > Daemon it starts but immediately gets automatically terminated. Have any
    > one of you faced a similar problem ? When I try to do a backup it gets

    terminated
    > saying Media Mgr Device Daemon may not be running. I checked and ensured
    > that ltid, avrd & vmd are running but still in the GUI of Device

    Management
    > it says Daemon Down. Can somebody guide me what could possibly be the

    problem
    > ?
    >
    > Mantosh Kharkar

  3. Re: Media Mgr Device Daemon getting automatically terminated

    Hi Zorro,

    Thanks for the tip.
    Actually I unconfigured the DLT Tape Device and configured it again. Then
    I got the daemon started and everything was ok.
    But I really could not get to the bottom of the
    problem because of that. Maybe there was something wrong in
    the device configuration.
    Best Regards.
    Mantosh

    "Zorro" wrote:
    >/var/adm/messages will provide further details why the daemons gets
    >automatically terminated
    >just to be sure how do you check daemons are running
    >bpps -a
    >
    >"Mantosh Kharkar" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hello Gurus,
    >>
    >> I just installed NetBackup for Unix Business Server 3.2 on Solaris 2.7.

    >After
    >> that added a DLT drive in it which was already connected to my Sun E420

    >and
    >> configured on the system. Now when I try to start the Media Manager Device
    >> Daemon it starts but immediately gets automatically terminated. Have any
    >> one of you faced a similar problem ? When I try to do a backup it gets

    >terminated
    >> saying Media Mgr Device Daemon may not be running. I checked and ensured
    >> that ltid, avrd & vmd are running but still in the GUI of Device

    >Management
    >> it says Daemon Down. Can somebody guide me what could possibly be the

    >problem
    >> ?
    >>
    >> Mantosh Kharkar

+ Reply to Thread