can veritas support SLR100 drive from tandberg???? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on can veritas support SLR100 drive from tandberg???? - Veritas Net Backup ; hi all.... somebody said that veritas cannot support SLR100 Tape drive .. IS THIS TRUE??????...

  1. can veritas support SLR100 drive from tandberg????

    hi all....
    somebody said that veritas cannot support SLR100 Tape drive ..
    IS THIS TRUE??????

  2. Re: can veritas support SLR100 drive from tandberg????

    http://support.veritas.com/dsl/vndrs...C_prod1_NBUDC3
    41.htm
    "mild7" wrote in message news:3b78f4e7@hronntp01....
    > hi all....
    > somebody said that veritas cannot support SLR100 Tape drive ..
    > IS THIS TRUE??????

  3. Re: can veritas support SLR100 drive from tandberg????

    ok...been there...but can't find SLR100.....
    but tandberg claims that SLR100 works with veritas netbackup, but tandberg
    said you have to use the emulation for exabyte 440(8mm tape) ...please
    ADVICE.....
    Zorro wrote in message news:3b796f2f@hronntp01....

    http://support.veritas.com/dsl/vndrs...C_prod1_NBUDC3
    > 41.htm
    > "mild7" wrote in message news:3b78f4e7@hronntp01....
    > > hi all....
    > > somebody said that veritas cannot support SLR100 Tape drive ..
    > > IS THIS TRUE??????

  4. Re: can veritas support SLR100 drive from tandberg????

    "mild7" wrote in message news:3b80ff58@hronntp01....
    > ok...been there...but can't find SLR100.....
    > but tandberg claims that SLR100 works with veritas netbackup, but tandberg
    > said you have to use the emulation for exabyte 440(8mm tape) ...please
    > ADVICE.....

    ok there is a difference between it works and it is supported .Now let us
    suppose you do not care about the support :
    I think what Tandberg means is you have to configure netbackup to believe
    the drive is an 8mm (density ) ,you will find out straight away if it is
    true because you drive will be brought down or robtest will fail ...

+ Reply to Thread