How to restore from tape after retension period expires - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on How to restore from tape after retension period expires - Veritas Net Backup ; Does any body know how to restore from a tape backup with retension period expired. I am using Netbackup 3.4 on Solaris 7. Waseem Ashraf....

  1. How to restore from tape after retension period expires

    Does any body know how to restore from a tape backup with retension period
    expired. I am using Netbackup 3.4 on Solaris 7.

    Waseem Ashraf.

  2. Re: How to restore from tape after retension period expires

    "waseem" wrote in message
    > Does any body know how to restore from a tape backup with retension period
    > expired. I am using Netbackup 3.4 on Solaris 7.

    load the tape in the drive and import the image (ie the image is added to
    the catalogue ) ,from there you will be able to browse the backups or images
    for the client

    el zorro

  3. Re: How to restore from tape after retension period expires

    I have searched all user manual to find how to import the image from disk,
    but I donot see any thing other than defination of import.

    Could you please tell me how to import image from disk after retension
    period expires.

    Thanks.

    "el zorro" wrote in message

    > "waseem" wrote in message
    > > Does any body know how to restore from a tape backup with retension

    period
    > > expired. I am using Netbackup 3.4 on Solaris 7.

    > load the tape in the drive and import the image (ie the image is added to
    > the catalogue ) ,from there you will be able to browse the backups or

    images
    > for the client
    >
    > el zorro

  4. Re: How to restore from tape after retension period expires

    Oups i am sorry I over read you ,I thought you were trying to import from
    tape .
    I will have to look at this :which option is given when you do a
    ../bpimport -help

    "waseem" wrote in message
    > I have searched all user manual to find how to import the image from disk,
    > but I donot see any thing other than defination of import.
    >
    > Could you please tell me how to import image from disk after retension
    > period expires.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > "el zorro" wrote in message
    > >
    > > "waseem" wrote in message
    > > > Does any body know how to restore from a tape backup with retension

    > period
    > > > expired. I am using Netbackup 3.4 on Solaris 7.

    > > load the tape in the drive and import the image (ie the image is added

    > > the catalogue ) ,from there you will be able to browse the backups or

    > images
    > > for the client
    > >
    > > el zorro

+ Reply to Thread