Netbackup Interview Question - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup Interview Question - Veritas Net Backup ; I am looking for some good Netbackup interview questions. Thanks...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Netbackup Interview Question

  1. Netbackup Interview Question

    I am looking for some good Netbackup interview questions. Thanks



  2. Netbackup Interview Question


    I am looking for some good Netbackup interview questions.

    Thanks
    Anand.



  3. Re: Netbackup Interview Question

    Hi Curt

    Try to be a bit more specific.. To whom you are going to ask these question?

    Cheers, Mike

    "Curt" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:42e06332@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >I am looking for some good Netbackup interview questions. Thanks
    >




  4. Re: Netbackup Interview Question


    1) Which are the backup types that are available in Netbackup ?
    Answer-
    Differential Incremental Backup
    Commulative Incremental Backup
    User Backup
    User Archive
    Full Backup

    2)What is a master server & media server?
    3)What is volume pools & volume Groups?
    4)What is media multiplexing?
    Answer-
    The process of sending concurrent-multiple backups from one or more clients
    to a single storage device and interleaving those images onto the media.
    5)What does these status codes mean- 216, 256,298,50?
    6)What is the process of importing images and why do we import images?
    7)What does it mean by inventoring a robot?
    8) What is avrd ?
    Answer-
    The automatic volume recognition daemon on UNIX and process on Windows
    9) What is bpadm?
    Answer-
    An administrator utility that runs on NetBackup UNIX servers. It has a character-based,
    menu interface that can be run from terminals that do not have X Windows
    capabilities.
    10)What is a frozen image ?
    Answer-
    A stable disk copy of the data prior to backup. A frozen image is created
    very rapidly, causing minimal impact on other applications. There are two
    basic types: copy-on-write and mirror.
    11)What is retention period ?
    Answer-
    The length of time that NetBackup keeps backup and archive images. The retention
    period is specified on the schedule.
    12)What is tape spanning ?
    Using more than one tape to store a single backup image.
    13)What is TLD,TLH,TLM,TL4,TL8?
    TLD-Tape Library DLT
    TLH-Tape Library Half-inch
    TLM-Tape Library Multimedia
    TL4-Tape Library 4MM
    TL8-Tape Library 8MM
    14) What is the full form of DLT?
    Answer-Digital-linear tape or tape drive type.
    15)What is image expiration and volume expiration?
    Image Expiration-
    The date and time when NetBackup stops tracking a backup image.

    Volume Expiration-
    The date and time when the physical media (tape) is considered to be no longer
    usable.
    16)Commanline to shutdown netbackup services on Windows Server?
    Answer-bpdown
    17) Which command is used to produce a report on Status of Netbackup Images?
    Answer-bpimagelist
    18) What is the use of command vmupdate?
    Answer-Inventory the media contents of a robotic library.
    19) Commandline for Creating a copy of backups created by NetBackup?
    Answer-bpduplicate
    "Michael Blickenstorfer" wrote:
    >Hi Curt
    >
    >Try to be a bit more specific.. To whom you are going to ask these question?
    >
    >Cheers, Mike
    >
    >"Curt" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >news:42e06332@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>I am looking for some good Netbackup interview questions. Thanks
    >>

    >
    >



  5. Re: Netbackup Interview Question


    i was searching for some online content for Netbackup interviews and made
    this checklist from the Netbackup admin guide.

    tell me was that helpful.
    "Manu Panicker" wrote:
    >
    >1) Which are the backup types that are available in Netbackup ?
    >Answer-
    >Differential Incremental Backup
    >Commulative Incremental Backup
    >User Backup
    >User Archive
    >Full Backup
    >
    >2)What is a master server & media server?
    >3)What is volume pools & volume Groups?
    >4)What is media multiplexing?
    >Answer-
    >The process of sending concurrent-multiple backups from one or more clients
    >to a single storage device and interleaving those images onto the media.
    >5)What does these status codes mean- 216, 256,298,50?
    >6)What is the process of importing images and why do we import images?
    >7)What does it mean by inventoring a robot?
    >8) What is avrd ?
    >Answer-
    >The automatic volume recognition daemon on UNIX and process on Windows
    >9) What is bpadm?
    >Answer-
    >An administrator utility that runs on NetBackup UNIX servers. It has a character-based,
    >menu interface that can be run from terminals that do not have X Windows
    >capabilities.
    >10)What is a frozen image ?
    >Answer-
    >A stable disk copy of the data prior to backup. A frozen image is created
    >very rapidly, causing minimal impact on other applications. There are two
    >basic types: copy-on-write and mirror.
    >11)What is retention period ?
    >Answer-
    >The length of time that NetBackup keeps backup and archive images. The retention
    >period is specified on the schedule.
    >12)What is tape spanning ?
    >Using more than one tape to store a single backup image.
    >13)What is TLD,TLH,TLM,TL4,TL8?
    >TLD-Tape Library DLT
    >TLH-Tape Library Half-inch
    >TLM-Tape Library Multimedia
    >TL4-Tape Library 4MM
    >TL8-Tape Library 8MM
    >14) What is the full form of DLT?
    >Answer-Digital-linear tape or tape drive type.
    >15)What is image expiration and volume expiration?
    >Image Expiration-
    >The date and time when NetBackup stops tracking a backup image.
    >
    >Volume Expiration-
    >The date and time when the physical media (tape) is considered to be no

    longer
    >usable.
    >16)Commanline to shutdown netbackup services on Windows Server?
    >Answer-bpdown
    >17) Which command is used to produce a report on Status of Netbackup Images?
    >Answer-bpimagelist
    >18) What is the use of command vmupdate?
    >Answer-Inventory the media contents of a robotic library.
    >19) Commandline for Creating a copy of backups created by NetBackup?
    >Answer-bpduplicate
    >"Michael Blickenstorfer" wrote:
    >>Hi Curt
    >>
    >>Try to be a bit more specific.. To whom you are going to ask these question?
    >>
    >>Cheers, Mike
    >>
    >>"Curt" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>news:42e06332@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>>I am looking for some good Netbackup interview questions. Thanks
    >>>

    >>
    >>

    >



  6. Re: Netbackup Interview Questions


    "Manu Panicker" wrote:
    >
    >i was searching for some online content for Netbackup interviews and made
    >this checklist from the Netbackup admin guide.
    >
    >tell me was that helpful.
    >"Manu Panicker" wrote:
    >>
    >>1) Which are the backup types that are available in Netbackup ?
    >>Answer-
    >>Differential Incremental Backup
    >>Commulative Incremental Backup
    >>User Backup
    >>User Archive
    >>Full Backup
    >>
    >>2)What is a master server & media server?
    >>3)What is volume pools & volume Groups?
    >>4)What is media multiplexing?
    >>Answer-
    >>The process of sending concurrent-multiple backups from one or more clients
    >>to a single storage device and interleaving those images onto the media.
    >>5)What does these status codes mean- 216, 256,298,50?
    >>6)What is the process of importing images and why do we import images?
    >>7)What does it mean by inventoring a robot?
    >>8) What is avrd ?
    >>Answer-
    >>The automatic volume recognition daemon on UNIX and process on Windows
    >>9) What is bpadm?
    >>Answer-
    >>An administrator utility that runs on NetBackup UNIX servers. It has a

    character-based,
    >>menu interface that can be run from terminals that do not have X Windows
    >>capabilities.
    >>10)What is a frozen image ?
    >>Answer-
    >>A stable disk copy of the data prior to backup. A frozen image is created
    >>very rapidly, causing minimal impact on other applications. There are two
    >>basic types: copy-on-write and mirror.
    >>11)What is retention period ?
    >>Answer-
    >>The length of time that NetBackup keeps backup and archive images. The

    retention
    >>period is specified on the schedule.
    >>12)What is tape spanning ?
    >>Using more than one tape to store a single backup image.
    >>13)What is TLD,TLH,TLM,TL4,TL8?
    >>TLD-Tape Library DLT
    >>TLH-Tape Library Half-inch
    >>TLM-Tape Library Multimedia
    >>TL4-Tape Library 4MM
    >>TL8-Tape Library 8MM
    >>14) What is the full form of DLT?
    >>Answer-Digital-linear tape or tape drive type.
    >>15)What is image expiration and volume expiration?
    >>Image Expiration-
    >>The date and time when NetBackup stops tracking a backup image.
    >>
    >>Volume Expiration-
    >>The date and time when the physical media (tape) is considered to be no

    >longer
    >>usable.
    >>16)Commanline to shutdown netbackup services on Windows Server?
    >>Answer-bpdown
    >>17) Which command is used to produce a report on Status of Netbackup Images?
    >>Answer-bpimagelist
    >>18) What is the use of command vmupdate?
    >>Answer-Inventory the media contents of a robotic library.
    >>19) Commandline for Creating a copy of backups created by NetBackup?
    >>Answer-bpduplicate
    >>"Michael Blickenstorfer" wrote:
    >>>Hi Curt
    >>>
    >>>Try to be a bit more specific.. To whom you are going to ask these question?
    >>>
    >>>Cheers, Mike
    >>>
    >>>"Curt" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>>news:42e06332@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>>>I am looking for some good Netbackup interview questions. Thanks
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>

    >>

    >



  7. Re: Netbackup Interview Question


    i am looking for veritas courses
    i working in EMC as a net backup administrator
    i had 3 yrs experience

  8. Re: Netbackup Interview Question


    I am looking for some good Netbackup (veritas) interview questions. Thanks




  9. Re: Netbackup Interview Question


    "Leboge Mongoma" wrote:
    >
    >I am looking for some good Netbackup (veritas) interview questions. Thanks
    >
    >
    >

    Dear sir

    I am preparing for veritas netbackup and wants to grow up my carrier in
    this field so plz give me the material for interview point of view,and also
    give questions which is asked.

  10. Re: Netbackup Interview Question


    "om" wrote:
    >
    >"Leboge Mongoma" wrote:
    >>
    >>I am looking for some good Netbackup (veritas) interview questions. Thanks
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >Dear sir
    >
    > I am preparing for veritas netbackup and wants to grow up my carrier

    in
    >this field so plz give me the material for interview point of view,and also
    >give questions which is asked.



+ Reply to Thread