Is NetBackup compatible with 2003 Server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Is NetBackup compatible with 2003 Server - Veritas Net Backup ; I have NetBackup 3.4 running on Solaris 8. One of the client is a Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition. I did a back up on this client and get the error code 13. Is Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition compatitble ...

  1. Is NetBackup compatible with 2003 Server

    I have NetBackup 3.4 running on Solaris 8.
    One of the client is a Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition.
    I did a back up on this client and get the error code 13.
    Is Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition compatitble with NetBackup 3.4 for
    Solaris?
    Thanks ahead.

  2. Re: Is NetBackup compatible with 2003 Server

    yep. works on mine.

    13 is a network related error.

    "Andrew Lieu" wrote:

    >I have NetBackup 3.4 running on Solaris 8.
    >One of the client is a Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition.
    >I did a back up on this client and get the error code 13.
    >Is Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition compatitble with NetBackup 3.4 for
    >Solaris?
    >Thanks ahead.

  3. Re: Is NetBackup compatible with 2003 Server

    While you will be able to backup data on Windows 2003, it is not
    supported by 3.4 or even early 4.5 versions. Windows 2003 support
    started in 4.5 MP3 or MP6. You will not be able to back up the System
    state information with 3.4 on Windows 2003 servers and be able to
    restore it.

    JR

    On 28 Oct 2004 16:29:56 -0500, "Andrew Lieu" wrote:

    >I have NetBackup 3.4 running on Solaris 8.
    >One of the client is a Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition.
    >I did a back up on this client and get the error code 13.
    >Is Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition compatitble with NetBackup 3.4 for
    >Solaris?
    >Thanks ahead.

+ Reply to Thread