Export Media List to CSV or spreadsheet - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Export Media List to CSV or spreadsheet - Veritas Net Backup ; Within Media\Robots users can view the tapes in the library, Volume Pool, Slot, etc, etc,etc. Has anyone found a way to export this info to excel or csv. I cannot find this info canned nicely within reporter and exporting this ...

  1. Export Media List to CSV or spreadsheet

    Within Media\Robots users can view the tapes in the library, Volume Pool,
    Slot, etc, etc,etc.

    Has anyone found a way to export this info to excel or csv. I cannot find
    this info canned nicely within reporter and exporting this will take away
    the manual process of inputting the data to my offsite provider.

    Any Suggestions or Experience using another method?

  2. Re: Export Media List to CSV or spreadsheet

    I used the command line equivalents to output to a text file and ftp'd the
    file in order to use csv in excel. Here is a link for the syntax in a tech
    note:
    Command line equivalents for generating VERITAS NetBackup reports

    wrote:
    >Within Media\Robots users can view the tapes in the library, Volume Pool,
    >Slot, etc, etc,etc.
    >
    >Has anyone found a way to export this info to excel or csv. I cannot find
    >this info canned nicely within reporter and exporting this will take away
    >the manual process of inputting the data to my offsite provider.
    >
    >Any Suggestions or Experience using another method?

  3. Re: Export Media List to CSV or spreadsheet

    If you are in that view in the Admin Gui, you can go to file| export
    and export it from there as a text file and then import that into
    excel. That is what I do.

    JR

    On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:05:21 -0500, wrote:

    >Within Media\Robots users can view the tapes in the library, Volume Pool,
    >Slot, etc, etc,etc.
    >
    >Has anyone found a way to export this info to excel or csv. I cannot find
    >this info canned nicely within reporter and exporting this will take away
    >the manual process of inputting the data to my offsite provider.
    >
    >Any Suggestions or Experience using another method?

+ Reply to Thread