OTMAN5.SYS - Open Transaction Manager - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on OTMAN5.SYS - Open Transaction Manager - Veritas Net Backup ; Can anyone outline some cons that might be associated with removing this option from a NetBackup 3.4.3 installation? Since this is a filter driver, I'm concerned that it is a contributing factor some performance degradation I am seeing on a ...

  1. OTMAN5.SYS - Open Transaction Manager

    Can anyone outline some cons that might be associated with removing this
    option from a NetBackup 3.4.3 installation? Since this is a filter driver,
    I'm concerned that it is a contributing factor some performance degradation
    I am seeing on a Windows 2000 server.

    Thanks!
    -Greg

  2. Re: OTMAN5.SYS - Open Transaction Manager

    open file not being backed up would the major cons but is OTM really
    neccessary ?
    for sql and exchange no
    for file system backup yes/no depending on the percentage of file system
    conclusion : to me OTM is neccessary to facilitate the management of my
    backups especially for open file

    "Greg Kuchar" wrote in message
    > Can anyone outline some cons that might be associated with removing this
    > option from a NetBackup 3.4.3 installation? Since this is a filter driver,
    > I'm concerned that it is a contributing factor some performance

    degradation
    > I am seeing on a Windows 2000 server.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > -Greg