Difference between Datacenter and BusinesServer... - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Difference between Datacenter and BusinesServer... - Veritas Net Backup ; Can anybody please tell what the major differences between NetBackup DataCenter and BusinesServer... TIA. /Jonas...

  1. Difference between Datacenter and BusinesServer...

    Can anybody please tell what the major differences between NetBackup
    DataCenter and BusinesServer...

    TIA. /Jonas

  2. Re: Difference between Datacenter and BusinesServer...

    Licensing.
    BusinessServer is for a smaller operation at a cost-effective price.
    DataCenter is for large operations.

    $Price for licensing is the determining factor.
    They both provide backup/restore but the DataCenter offers more flexability

    for large operations with the Global Data Manager etc...

    "Jonas" wrote:
    >Can anybody please tell what the major differences between NetBackup
    >DataCenter and BusinesServer...
    >
    >TIA. /Jonas

  3. Re: Difference between Datacenter and BusinesServer...

    But what are the limitations in BusinesServer compared to DataCenter?
    What can I do with DataCenter that I can't do with BusinesServer?

    TIA. /Jonas
    "Bob Stump" skrev i meddelandet

    > Licensing.
    > BusinessServer is for a smaller operation at a cost-effective price.
    > DataCenter is for large operations.
    >
    > $Price for licensing is the determining factor.
    > They both provide backup/restore but the DataCenter offers more

    flexability

    > for large operations with the Global Data Manager etc...
    >

    > "Jonas" wrote:
    > >Can anybody please tell what the major differences between NetBackup
    > >DataCenter and BusinesServer...
    > >
    > >TIA. /Jonas

  4. Re: Difference between Datacenter and BusinesServer...

    functionally the same. BussinsServer can be upgraded to DataCenter.
    Checkout:
    http://eval.veritas.com/downloads/pr...server_4_5.pdf

    http://eval.veritas.com/downloads/pr...ter_4_5_ds.pdf

    for a comparison.

    "Jonas" wrote:
    >But what are the limitations in BusinesServer compared to DataCenter?
    >What can I do with DataCenter that I can't do with BusinesServer?
    >
    >TIA. /Jonas
    >"Bob Stump" skrev i meddelandet
    >>
    >> Licensing.
    >> BusinessServer is for a smaller operation at a cost-effective price.
    >> DataCenter is for large operations.
    >>
    >> $Price for licensing is the determining factor.
    >> They both provide backup/restore but the DataCenter offers more

    >flexability
    >>
    >> for large operations with the Global Data Manager etc...
    >>

    >> "Jonas" wrote:
    >> >Can anybody please tell what the major differences between NetBackup
    >> >DataCenter and BusinesServer...
    >> >
    >> >TIA. /Jonas

  5. Re: Difference between Datacenter and BusinesServer...

    Thanks Bob

    Am I reading this right?
    Is businesServer only able to backup up to eight servers???

    > functionally the same. BussinsServer can be upgraded to DataCenter.
    > Checkout:
    > http://eval.veritas.com/downloads/pr...server_4_5.pdf
    >
    > http://eval.veritas.com/downloads/pr...ter_4_5_ds.pdf
    >
    > for a comparison.
    >
    > "Jonas" wrote:
    > >But what are the limitations in BusinesServer compared to DataCenter?
    > >What can I do with DataCenter that I can't do with BusinesServer?
    > >
    > >TIA. /Jonas
    > >"Bob Stump" skrev i meddelandet
    > >>
    > >> Licensing.
    > >> BusinessServer is for a smaller operation at a cost-effective price.
    > >> DataCenter is for large operations.
    > >>
    > >> $Price for licensing is the determining factor.
    > >> They both provide backup/restore but the DataCenter offers more

    > >flexability
    > >>
    > >> for large operations with the Global Data Manager etc...

  6. Re: Difference between Datacenter and BusinesServer...

    Yep. Scalability is the MAIN difference.
    up to 8 clients....
    And that is with the purchase of an addition option :-)

    BusinesServer is OK for a very small shop and/or entry level to NetBackup.

    "Jonas" wrote:
    >Thanks Bob
    >
    >Am I reading this right?
    >Is businesServer only able to backup up to eight servers???
    >
    >TIA /Jonas
    >"Bob Stump" skrev i meddelandet
    >>
    >> functionally the same. BussinsServer can be upgraded to DataCenter.
    >> Checkout:
    >> http://eval.veritas.com/downloads/pr...server_4_5.pdf
    >>
    >> http://eval.veritas.com/downloads/pr...ter_4_5_ds.pdf
    >>
    >> for a comparison.
    >>
    >> "Jonas" wrote:
    >> >But what are the limitations in BusinesServer compared to DataCenter?
    >> >What can I do with DataCenter that I can't do with BusinesServer?
    >> >
    >> >TIA. /Jonas
    >> >"Bob Stump" skrev i meddelandet

    >> >flexability

  7. Re: Difference between Datacenter and BusinesServer...

    Thanks...

    Then DataCenter is the one for us...
    We have over 40 servers located around the country that bīneed backup...

    > Yep. Scalability is the MAIN difference.
    > up to 8 clients....
    > And that is with the purchase of an addition option :-)
    >
    > BusinesServer is OK for a very small shop and/or entry level to NetBackup.
    >
    > "Jonas" wrote:
    > >Thanks Bob
    > >
    > >Am I reading this right?
    > >Is businesServer only able to backup up to eight servers???
    > >
    > >TIA /Jonas
    > >"Bob Stump" skrev i meddelandet
    > >>
    > >> functionally the same. BussinsServer can be upgraded to DataCenter.
    > >> Checkout:
    > >> http://eval.veritas.com/downloads/pr...server_4_5.pdf
    > >>
    > >> http://eval.veritas.com/downloads/pr...ter_4_5_ds.pdf
    > >>
    > >> for a comparison.