Error 54 from master - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Error 54 from master - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, After intallation of Netbackup Client and creation of one class on the master, the start of the class save failed. I've got on Activity Monitor: Error 54 (Time out connecting to client) I test the command bpclntcmd -ip and ...

  1. Error 54 from master

    Hi, After intallation of Netbackup Client and creation of one class on the
    master, the start of the class save failed. I've got on Activity Monitor:
    Error 54 (Time out connecting to client) I test the command bpclntcmd -ip
    and -hn, it's ok from master and from client server. When I starts the class
    save, with netstat command, I saw link with port 13782 between master and
    client. The client seems to not acknowledge the order of master.
    My Master and client netbackup service use NT system account to start. And
    I use version 3.2
    Have you ideas about this ?
    Thanks

  2. Re: Error 54 from master

    "Jinn" wrote:

    >Hi, After intallation of Netbackup Client and creation of one class on the
    >master, the start of the class save failed. I've got on Activity Monitor:
    >Error 54 (Time out connecting to client) I test the command bpclntcmd -ip
    >and -hn, it's ok from master and from client server. When I starts the class
    >save, with netstat command, I saw link with port 13782 between master and
    >client. The client seems to not acknowledge the order of master.
    >My Master and client netbackup service use NT system account to start. And
    >I use version 3.2
    >Have you ideas about this ?
    >Thanks

    ==> I have the response of my question:
    The Network administrator have open only 2 ports (13782 and 13720) for the
    client. I asked him to open all between the client and the master.

+ Reply to Thread