SQL cluster - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on SQL cluster - Veritas Net Backup ; I am having trouble with the Backup of SQL using the Veritas Agent for MS SQL on MS NT 4.0 cluster When I try to backup SQL server, backup failed with massage "the backup failed to back up the requested ...

  1. SQL cluster

    I am having trouble with the Backup of SQL using the Veritas Agent for MS
    SQL on MS NT 4.0 cluster
    When I try to backup SQL server, backup failed with massage "the backup
    failed to back up the requested files" and in log file appear following text
    "writeToServer: ERR - send() to server on socket failed: Error: 10054"

    I haven`t problem with backuping file system or Exchange server on the same
    cluster, only SQL agent fail.

    server: NetBackup server 3.2, NT 4.0 SP6a
    client: NT 4.0 SP6a cluster

    Have you any ideas ?
    Thanks

    Jaroslav Zikmund

  2. Re: SQL cluster

    NetBackup 3.4.1 Release Notes

    "Asayake" wrote in message news:3c6a6329@hronntp01....
    > I am having trouble with the Backup of SQL using the Veritas Agent for MS
    > SQL on MS NT 4.0 cluster
    > When I try to backup SQL server, backup failed with massage "the backup
    > failed to back up the requested files" and in log file appear following

    text
    > "writeToServer: ERR - send() to server on socket failed: Error: 10054"
    >
    > I haven`t problem with backuping file system or Exchange server on the

    same
    > cluster, only SQL agent fail.
    >

    > server: NetBackup server 3.2, NT 4.0 SP6a
    > client: NT 4.0 SP6a cluster
    >
    > Have you any ideas ?
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jaroslav Zikmund