Solaris to NT move - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Solaris to NT move - Veritas Net Backup ; We are planning on moving Netbackup (it is the master), Storage Migrator and Vault from Solaris to NT (probably 4.0 for now). Are there any tips (besides don't do it) for a move like this. Procedures etc would be helpful ...

  1. Solaris to NT move

    We are planning on moving Netbackup (it is the master), Storage Migrator
    and Vault from Solaris to NT (probably 4.0 for now).

    Are there any tips (besides don't do it) for a move like this.
    Procedures etc would be helpful and any insight from those who have gone
    this route.

    thanks in advance.

    --
    Joe Mannion
    Dept of Public Safety

  2. Re: Solaris to NT move

    the master server should have the same hostname
    move all your volumes to standalone device
    files to restore ./netbackup/db
    ./volmgr/database/*db
    but not the *attributes files

    "Joseph Mannion" wrote in message
    > We are planning on moving Netbackup (it is the master), Storage Migrator
    > and Vault from Solaris to NT (probably 4.0 for now).
    >
    > Are there any tips (besides don't do it) for a move like this.
    > Procedures etc would be helpful and any insight from those who have gone
    > this route.
    >
    > thanks in advance.
    >

    > --
    > Joe Mannion
    > Dept of Public Safety
    > State of Alaska
    > Ph: (907)269-5701
    > Fax907)269-5617

  3. Re: Solaris to NT move

    Does anyone know how to stop the available_media process from running?

    I am trying to look at the tapes that are available, but to no avail.

    Is the some sort of .lock file preventing this from worrking correctly?

    Regards

    Phil
    Joseph Mannion wrote in message
    > We are planning on moving Netbackup (it is the master), Storage Migrator
    > and Vault from Solaris to NT (probably 4.0 for now).
    >
    > Are there any tips (besides don't do it) for a move like this.
    > Procedures etc would be helpful and any insight from those who have gone
    > this route.
    >
    > thanks in advance.
    >

    > --
    > Joe Mannion