So Many media(tapes) taking for 100gb data - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on So Many media(tapes) taking for 100gb data - Veritas Net Backup ; Hai , I am using 35/70 gb dlt compaq minilibbrary. Normally 100gb data only should take 2 tapes .but it asking 4 tapes daily. I am using 35/70 Sony tape only . The max 10gb data will store only one ...

  1. So Many media(tapes) taking for 100gb data

    Hai ,

    I am using 35/70 gb dlt compaq minilibbrary. Normally 100gb data only should
    take 2 tapes .but it asking 4 tapes daily. I am using 35/70 Sony tape only
    . The max 10gb data will store only one tape .Pls what about other spcace
    in each tape ...?? .

    Can u tell me the slution for that ....

    Thanks and Regards,
    Sethu

  2. Re: So Many media(tapes) taking for 100gb data

    what the ouput of the command ./bpcllist -class -U ?
    Have you enabled hardware compression ?
    Do you collect TIR information ?
    Have you enabled software compression at the class level ?
    What is the amount of data backed up (from the job monitor double click on
    the job ?

    "Sethu" wrote in message

    > Hai ,
    >
    > I am using 35/70 gb dlt compaq minilibbrary. Normally 100gb data only

    should
    > take 2 tapes .but it asking 4 tapes daily. I am using 35/70 Sony tape only
    > The max 10gb data will store only one tape .Pls what about other spcace
    > in each tape ...?? .
    >
    > Can u tell me the slution for that ....
    >
    > Thanks and Regards,
    > Sethu