Should I need Netbackup DataCenter? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Should I need Netbackup DataCenter? - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, I need your advice. I have purchased the Veritas BackupExec and testing it, however it does not work well in attaching servers located behind firewall at the internal and external DMZs (De-Militarized Zones) in our corporate network environment. We ...

  1. Should I need Netbackup DataCenter?

    Hi,

    I need your advice. I have purchased the Veritas BackupExec and testing it,
    however it does not work well in attaching servers located behind firewall
    at the internal and external DMZs (De-Militarized Zones) in our corporate
    network environment. We need to back up across the DMZs definitely.

    Now I'd wonder if I chose the wrong product. Should I switch to NetBackup
    DataCenter, which will cost a lot more, or should I stay with the BackupExec
    and try to resolve the problems.

    Has anyone experienced similar problems and shed me some light?

    Thanks.

    --
    Ray

  2. Re: Should I need Netbackup DataCenter?

    Ray,
    if your only obstacle is backing up through a firewall, I don't think
    NetBackup will make much difference. Either product will require you to
    open up ports in your firewall.
    NBU is better for bigger environments. We use it with a couple dozen
    servers and it is easy to manage backups.

    Frank

    "Ray5" wrote in message news:3ba6176b$1@hronntp01....
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need your advice. I have purchased the Veritas BackupExec and testing

    it,
    > however it does not work well in attaching servers located behind firewall
    > at the internal and external DMZs (De-Militarized Zones) in our corporate
    > network environment. We need to back up across the DMZs definitely.
    >
    > Now I'd wonder if I chose the wrong product. Should I switch to NetBackup
    > DataCenter, which will cost a lot more, or should I stay with the

    BackupExec
    > and try to resolve the problems.
    >
    > Has anyone experienced similar problems and shed me some light?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Ray

+ Reply to Thread