Oracle Backups - can't view files with Netbackup NT GUI - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Oracle Backups - can't view files with Netbackup NT GUI - Veritas Net Backup ; I am using netbackup 3.2 running on an NT client. Backups are performed by a UNIX master. Doing Hot Oracle backups using Oracle extension & Rman. Backups are successful. I can see this with the Restore GUI, however, I can't ...

  1. Oracle Backups - can't view files with Netbackup NT GUI

    I am using netbackup 3.2 running on an NT client. Backups are performed by
    a UNIX master. Doing Hot Oracle backups using Oracle extension & Rman.
    Backups are successful. I can see this with the Restore GUI, however, I can't
    use GUI to view the files so as to restore. GUI shows the red dots but when
    I try to open to view files, it reports - "unable to obtain list of files
    using the search criteria" I can use the bplist command and see backups
    this way also using the "-C client -t 4 -R / command". How can I get my
    GUI to work for Oracle?

  2. Re: Oracle Backups - can't view files with Netbackup NT GUI

    Hi,

    For Oracle, NetBackup is just a media it is for that reason that you use
    scripts to backup oracle online. It is also for that reason that I have created
    oracle catalogue to know which files have been backuped. So I think that
    it is not possible for NetBackup to see the files which are backuped.

    Regards.

    Laurent Stirnemann.

    "David Byrd" wrote:

    >I am using netbackup 3.2 running on an NT client. Backups are performed

    by
    >a UNIX master. Doing Hot Oracle backups using Oracle extension & Rman.

    >Backups are successful. I can see this with the Restore GUI, however, I

    can't
    >use GUI to view the files so as to restore. GUI shows the red dots but

    when
    >I try to open to view files, it reports - "unable to obtain list of files
    >using the search criteria" I can use the bplist command and see backups
    >this way also using the "-C client -t 4 -R / command". How can I get my
    >GUI to work for Oracle?

+ Reply to Thread