How do I backup to multiple tape drives using SSO - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on How do I backup to multiple tape drives using SSO - Veritas Net Backup ; I have a ATL7100 with 4 drives on a SAN and am running SSO with RMAN. I want to stream my backups to mutiple tape drives. I configured my RMAN scripts to allocate additional channels, which causes netbackup to submit ...

  1. How do I backup to multiple tape drives using SSO

    I have a ATL7100 with 4 drives on a SAN and am running SSO with RMAN. I
    want to stream my backups to mutiple tape drives.

    I configured my RMAN scripts to allocate additional channels, which
    causes netbackup to submit additional backup jobs. However, the second
    job goes into a "Queued" status even though tape drives are available.
    I have set up my storage unit to allow multiple tape drives.

  2. Re: How do I backup to multiple tape drives using SSO

    number of current drive = number of total drive
    allow several jobs to be sent from the client
    multiplexing = 1

    "Mike Adams" wrote in message
    > I have a ATL7100 with 4 drives on a SAN and am running SSO with RMAN. I
    > want to stream my backups to mutiple tape drives.
    >
    > I configured my RMAN scripts to allocate additional channels, which
    > causes netbackup to submit additional backup jobs. However, the second
    > job goes into a "Queued" status even though tape drives are available.
    > I have set up my storage unit to allow multiple tape drives.

+ Reply to Thread