HP Surestore & Netbackup 3.2 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on HP Surestore & Netbackup 3.2 - Veritas Net Backup ; I've got an HP SureStore 2/20 recognized as a TLD in NetBackup 3.2 that checks out perfectly under HP's 'Library & Tape Tools' software, and just doesn't seem to work in NetBackup. After a fresh boot (everything off, library power ...

  1. HP Surestore & Netbackup 3.2

    I've got an HP SureStore 2/20 recognized as a TLD in NetBackup 3.2 that checks
    out perfectly under HP's 'Library & Tape Tools' software, and just doesn't
    seem to work in NetBackup. After a fresh boot (everything off, library power
    on, wait for it to finish initialization, power on server), the two drives
    (Quantum
    DLT8000) show a down state. I can toggle them to 'Up', and with
    a tape loaded into the drive, I can even get ntbackup to back up
    some data. However, whenever a policy is scheduled to run, it
    will load and unload every tape in the library, and eventually
    dump out error 213 'No storage units available'.

    I have tried fresh media but still no go. Anyone have a clue?

    ahm

  2. Re: HP Surestore & Netbackup 3.2

    what does the OS report in terms of hardware
    at this level when ltid bring down a drive it is because it has encounterd
    an error there I would suggest :
    /volmgr/bin/stopltid
    /volmgr/bin/ltid -v
    then efrom your os will repeoert what is going on
    /var/adm/message (solaris )
    event logs application/system (NT)

    el zorro

    "Adam Molaver" wrote in message

    > I've got an HP SureStore 2/20 recognized as a TLD in NetBackup 3.2 that

    checks
    > out perfectly under HP's 'Library & Tape Tools' software, and just doesn't
    > seem to work in NetBackup. After a fresh boot (everything off, library

    power
    > on, wait for it to finish initialization, power on server), the two drives
    > (Quantum
    > DLT8000) show a down state. I can toggle them to 'Up', and with
    > a tape loaded into the drive, I can even get ntbackup to back up
    > some data. However, whenever a policy is scheduled to run, it
    > will load and unload every tape in the library, and eventually
    > dump out error 213 'No storage units available'.
    >
    > I have tried fresh media but still no go. Anyone have a clue?
    >
    > ahm

+ Reply to Thread