SQL backup and error 2 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on SQL backup and error 2 - Veritas Net Backup ; I am having trouble with the Backup of SQL using the Veritas Agent. I keep on getting error 2 (Login Failed). I am using an NT Domain Administrator Account. I have given this account System Administrator and backup Priviliges within ...

  1. SQL backup and error 2

    I am having trouble with the Backup of SQL using the Veritas Agent. I keep
    on getting error 2 (Login Failed). I am using an NT Domain Administrator
    Account. I have given this account System Administrator and backup Priviliges
    within the database also. Any suggestions?

  2. Re: SQL backup and error 2

    You may have this all set, but SQL may not be using NT User account
    authentication. I would suggest using a SQL login that has the appropriate
    privs to all the DBs as the log on user within the Veritas GUI.

    "Dennis" wrote in message news:3a40ad2b@hronntp01....

    > I am having trouble with the Backup of SQL using the Veritas Agent. I keep
    > on getting error 2 (Login Failed). I am using an NT Domain Administrator
    > Account. I have given this account System Administrator and backup

    Priviliges
    > within the database also. Any suggestions?

  3. Re: SQL backup and error 2

    I have encounter this error and it has nothing to do with authentication (in
    a way).

    The error is reported because an instance of the sql database client is
    making the attemtp to log in, but cannot gain access. I found this to be
    cause by another instance of the SQL database client that was hung and
    therefore was cause your most instance to fail during the login process.

    to correct, you may attempt stopping the service and verifying all netbackup
    binaries are removed from the task list of NT. Restart your netbackup
    services and then attempt the backup once again.

    If that does not help, I would suggest a quick reboot of the server and
    re-attempt of the backup.

    Just a few thoughts from my experience. I hope this helps.

    Good Luck.

    Luis

    "Dennis" wrote in message news:3a40ad2b@hronntp01....

    > I am having trouble with the Backup of SQL using the Veritas Agent. I keep
    > on getting error 2 (Login Failed). I am using an NT Domain Administrator
    > Account. I have given this account System Administrator and backup

    Priviliges
    > within the database also. Any suggestions?

  4. Re: SQL backup and error 2

    "Greg Vincent" wrote:
    >You may have this all set, but SQL may not be using NT User account
    >authentication. I would suggest using a SQL login that has the appropriate
    >privs to all the DBs as the log on user within the Veritas GUI.

    Greg,
    Thanks for the response. SQL Server is indead installed not to use the Windows
    NT account to login. I did however set my default Login parameters from the
    Veritas SQL Agent Gui for the NT-account I specified in the batchfile. I
    will try to change the login option to Windows NT accounts but that is not
    really what we need.

    Any other options?

    Dennis

+ Reply to Thread