how to do backup via hard disk? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on how to do backup via hard disk? - Veritas Net Backup ; hi~ all. Our system is as follows; we have master server on NT and Netbackup' version is 3.2. client is windows 2000 server and Netbackup's version is 3.4 Without Master server control, Client want to do itself backup via other ...

  1. how to do backup via hard disk?

    hi~ all.
    Our system is as follows;
    we have master server on NT and Netbackup' version is 3.2.
    client is windows 2000 server and Netbackup's version is 3.4

    Without Master server control, Client want to do itself backup via other
    machine's hard disk.

    Is possible above case?
    If it is possible, how to do it?

    I hope your answer.
    thanks.

  2. Re: how to do backup via hard disk?

    your 3.4 client will not backup to disk without a master server.

    Veritas will not support and does not recommend mixing 3.4 client with 3.2
    master server.

    If client persist on performing the backup to disk, his only option is to
    use windows 2000 backup utility. Windows 2000 backup can perform the backup
    to disk as the client wants.

    Luis

    "jenny" wrote in message news:3a40515d$1@hronntp01....
    > hi~ all.
    > Our system is as follows;
    > we have master server on NT and Netbackup' version is 3.2.
    > client is windows 2000 server and Netbackup's version is 3.4
    >
    > Without Master server control, Client want to do itself backup via other
    > machine's hard disk.
    >
    > Is possible above case?
    > If it is possible, how to do it?
    >

    > I hope your answer.