Exchange Disater recovery.. - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Exchange Disater recovery.. - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi there, Recently simulated an Exchange server(win2K Exch 5.5) crash on NT and restored using IDR disks(Netbackup 3.4). Rebooted server, loaded partitions,copied files etc and restarted. Win2K came up no problem. then before restoring exchange I noticed thr backup backed ...

  1. Exchange Disater recovery..

    Hi there,
    Recently simulated an Exchange server(win2K Exch 5.5) crash on NT and
    restored using IDR disks(Netbackup 3.4). Rebooted server, loaded
    partitions,copied files etc and restarted. Win2K came up no problem. then
    before restoring exchange I noticed thr backup backed up and restored the
    exchange database files aswell using OTM and MS-Windows-NT class backup
    types... that it had started the exchange services and all was working ok.
    this all without even touching the Exchange side of the backups. Has anyone
    recovered a live Exchange server this way and if so..have you experienced
    any problems later on?

    thanks in advance,
    anton

  2. Re: Exchange Disater recovery..

    The fact that you system was able to recover without error is admirable, but
    from what I know of exchange and the state the files are in during normal
    operation, you may encounter database inconsistencies if this is your only
    method of restore.

    We do not use OTM and in my environment, I would not be able to restore a
    server without using the exchange database backups.

    Good luck.

    Luis

    "Anton" wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    > Recently simulated an Exchange server(win2K Exch 5.5) crash on NT and
    > restored using IDR disks(Netbackup 3.4). Rebooted server, loaded
    > partitions,copied files etc and restarted. Win2K came up no problem. then
    > before restoring exchange I noticed thr backup backed up and restored the
    > exchange database files aswell using OTM and MS-Windows-NT class backup
    > types... that it had started the exchange services and all was working ok.
    > this all without even touching the Exchange side of the backups. Has

    anyone
    > recovered a live Exchange server this way and if so..have you experienced
    > any problems later on?
    >
    > thanks in advance,
    > anton

+ Reply to Thread