How to create exclude list on NT Client? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on How to create exclude list on NT Client? - Veritas Net Backup ; Help! Can someone tell me how to create a exclude list on a NT Client. My administrators guide tells me how to preform this on an Unix client, but I can't find anything on how to configure a NT client. ...

  1. How to create exclude list on NT Client?

    Help! Can someone tell me how to create a exclude list on a NT Client. My
    administrators guide tells me how to preform this on an Unix client, but I
    can't find anything on how to configure a NT client.

    Thanks,
    Dave

  2. Re: How to create exclude list on NT Client?

    Check the Client side gui - should be in there.

    --
    Joe Mannion
    Dept of Public Safety

  3. Re: How to create exclude list on NT Client?

    go to start -configure netbackup
    double click on the client
    there are tabs for include and exclude.

    "David Pryor" wrote in message
    > Help! Can someone tell me how to create a exclude list on a NT Client.

    My
    > administrators guide tells me how to preform this on an Unix client, but I
    > can't find anything on how to configure a NT client.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dave

  4. Re: How to create exclude list on NT Client?

    Hi,

    If you start Veritas\NetBackup client
    go to "Actions" "Configure", you will find a key with name EXCLUDE.

    But takecare, there is a known BUG (not resoved yet), that if You do that
    through the MASTER SERVER GUI, the key will contain a" BLANK SPACE" caracter,
    and due this it'snot possible to read it.

    It's better if at the client you open the registry
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ VERITAS \ NetBackup \ CurrentVersion \ Config
    Exclude:

    And You add there

    CLASS:classname
    SCHEDULE:schedulename